cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv won't rewind or fast forward on Samsung tv app

Hoping some one can help. For the last couple of days I have not been able to rewind or fast forward any thing I am watching on now tv. We've got a Samsung smart TV and run the app through that. Any ideas? 

55 REPLIES 55
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for letting us know @Anonymous User. 

We appreciate the feedback as i'll pass this information over to our teams that are investigating this issue. 

They are currently looking into this at the moment, I can't give a definitive answer for when this maybe resolved, however we shall be keeping tabs and chasing for updates to try and get this issue resolved as quickly as possible. 

Thanks again, 

Karl

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any update on this? Now TV for films is completely pointless...

Are Now speaking to Samsung? And if not why not?

Richer Sounds aren't going to be happy when I take the TV back 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

same issue here on my 49mu7000 (2017 model). I can pause and start, but rewind or forward cannot be used

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I hope you'll be able to solve this issue soon. If I'm watching a film on NOW TV on my Samsung TV and for whatever reason I miss some line (that is understandable as I'm a foreigner and often subtitles are not available) I can't rewind to find out what I missed. The only thing is I can to is watching it from the beginning,that is not a viable solution. The function is available on the NOW TV box, I can connect it to my brand new TV but it does not provide ultra hd, but I can't understand why you are not able to implement such a simple function on a smart tv app.

regards,

A. Costa

Anonymous User
Not applicable
There is a new software update on my Samsung tv which I have just done and now tv is now working properly. Looks like they have finally fixed it.
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All, 

We’re very sorry for the experience you've encountered so far with NOW TV on your Samsung device, however we do have an update that should resolve this issue.

Can you please check that you're on the correct firmware version for your TV, you’ll need to be on version 1147.

If this is not the case, you are able to download this version on to a USB and upload this to your TV. Version 1147 can be found via this link here:  http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE75MU6100KXXU/

On this page there is a 'DOWNLOADS' section which should have version 1147 available. Click the download link and download to your computer.

You can chose to follow the steps below or open the manual below download section on the link above.

Copy the downloaded file to a USB stick.

Double click on the file on the USB stick to extract it.

Put the USB stick into the USB port on your tv.

Open the menu and navigate to Support/Software Update - do a software update and when it asks you if you would like to check your USB stick say yes.

This should pick up and install the new firmware.

If you have any further questions please feel free to let me know. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Working here, Cheers!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This download is no longer available!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi. Just got a Samsung Smart TV. When trying to use the Now TV app I can choose a programme and the adverts play (box set ad) but then nothing else happens. I get the buffering symbol going round and round but the programme does not play. Tried reloading the app but still the same. Works fine on other devices.

My TV software version is 1252. I have tried updating that but states on most current version.

Is there another solution?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

After reading through further comments, I reloaded the app, disconnected the power to the TV for 30 seconds. Just tested it and it now works. 

Solved my own question ( with help from previous posts ) 🙂