cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv won't rewind or fast forward on Samsung tv app

Hoping some one can help. For the last couple of days I have not been able to rewind or fast forward any thing I am watching on now tv. We've got a Samsung smart TV and run the app through that. Any ideas? 

55 REPLIES 55
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear you're having problems. In order to help you, can you please provide the following information: -

• What's the 'Model' number of your 'smart' television?
  • What's the 'Software Version' number of your 'smart' television?
  • What's your NOW TV 'app' version?
    [Which can be found by launching the NOW TV app then visiting: My Account and looking 'top right' of the screen...]
  • Have you tried deleting and re-installing the NOW TV app (if possible on your model)?
  • How is your 'smart' television connected to the internet. Is it via a hard-wired or wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection?
  • Are you accessing the NOW TV service from within the UK or Éire?
  • Who is your ISP (Internet Service Provider)?
  • Are you running any form of VPN (Virtual Private Network)?
  • Have you tried re-booting your router (by disconnecting the power, waiting 30 seconds and reconnecting the power)?

Sufficed to say, the more detailed information you are able to provide, the easier it will be for us and/or the NOW TV developers to work out a solution for you!

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi. My tv is a Samsung UE55MU6100 55" 

software version is "1132" 

Now tv version is (2.20.2) 

i have removed the app and re-installed but to no prevail. 

Our Tv is connected wirelessly (router right next to TV) 

we are accessing now tv from the Uk.

our internet provider is Virgin media. 

We are running no form of VPN 

And finally we have already reset the router. 

Hope this helps. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Actually if VPN means we have a passcode to our internet then that would mean we are running one. ( we have a passcode for our internet connection)

sorry getting a little confused 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Just-so-you-know... VPN refers to a 'Virtual Private Network'. And because they can be used to disguise where you are in the world, Sufficed to say, the NOW TV service does not support them.

It would seem that you've done everything you can do. That being said does your model of Samsung television offer you a 'reset all your apps' option (or what-ever it's called)?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for your help but I think we are doomed. We've literally tried everything.. to give you an insight whenever we try to watch something it just comes up on the bottom tab 0:00:00/0:00:00 with the progress bar going all the way to the end.. 

weird huh 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also have this problem on my Samsung TV app - for the last 2 or 3 days I've been unable to fast forward or rewind Now TV. Have tried to reinstall and unplug tv and reboot but does not help. Any suggestions please? Any updates coming? Was there a recent update that contained a bug?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Suffering the same problem with a samsung smart TV over the course of the last week. This is pretty frustrating. Any ideas whats causing this? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same problem. I can only pause not rewind or fast forward. It started about 1 or 2 weeks ago
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same problem. Any solutions??