Hi do you know if it’s possible to use now using a Hisense tv? It runs on vidaa

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Em68289 

Good news!

We now support the following Hisense TVs

• Selected 2022 and later Hisense TV models with the VIDAA 6.0 or later operating system. (If your model is supported, you’ll find the NOW app in the VIDAA Home Launcher.)
  • All Roku TV models

Happy watching!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Em68289 

I have two Hisense Smart TV's running the Vidaa platform and unfortunately they don't support the native NOW App on them.

Where I use a Roku Stick and Amazon Fire Stick on these two televisions.

Here's a link below on what devices are currently supported by NOW.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now 

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Em68289 

Good news!

We now support the following Hisense TVs

• Selected 2022 and later Hisense TV models with the VIDAA 6.0 or later operating system. (If your model is supported, you’ll find the NOW app in the VIDAA Home Launcher.)
  • All Roku TV models

Happy watching!

Zoki
Mentor

@Simon-J How excited was I to find the NowTV app a few weeks back on our Hisense TV. But since then - every time I try to go on it, it's just a blank screen, with nothing loading.......

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Zoki 

Try doing a reboot of the tv and router.

Worst case factory reset?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Sergio

@Zoki I have the same issue...did u find a fix?

r-a-c-h

@Zoki I'm having the same issue, it worked for a week or two then nothing but  a black screen. Did you find a fix?

Signing up has been a waste of money so far.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@r-a-c-h 

Delete and reinstall the app?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Zoki
Mentor

@r-a-c-h Nope. I initially spoke to someone on NowTV live chat - who asked me to log in, then out again - I explained I couldn't as it was a blank screen. Then they said to uninstall the app, and reinstall it - we couldn't find how to do this - NowTV said to go to Google Play on the TV - which we don't have..... So then we rang Hisense today who said to do a factory reset - we did that, and it's still a blank screen.

This is a replacement TV for us - due to previously having a different brand. Have had NowTV for years, but can't understand this issue at all.  

Zoki
Mentor

@r-a-c-h Just tried the app again.......to my surprise, it's started working again. We'll see for how long though.....