Hi do you know if it’s possible to use now using a Hisense tv? It runs on vidaa

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Em68289 

Good news!

We now support the following Hisense TVs

• Selected 2022 and later Hisense TV models with the VIDAA 6.0 or later operating system. (If your model is supported, you’ll find the NOW app in the VIDAA Home Launcher.)
  • All Roku TV models

Happy watching!

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Em68289 

I have two Hisense Smart TV's running the Vidaa platform and unfortunately they don't support the native NOW App on them.

Where I use a Roku Stick and Amazon Fire Stick on these two televisions.

Here's a link below on what devices are currently supported by NOW.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now 

JJ1980
Observer

@schnapps now tv works on Hisense tv you have to go in to settings and change to store mode then sign in on now tv on dashboard then go into settings again then change to home mode all I had was black screen but now it’s sorted hope this helps.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @JJ1980 

Thanks, I already know this plus thanks for the tip about the blank screen workaround.

Where my post in May 2023 the NOW App was not available or supported on Hisense Vidaa Smart TV's.

Since the 14th of December 2023 the NOW App is available on newer Hisense Vidaa Smart TV's running version 6 or higher (see my other thread posts in this link below).

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Other-Apps/NOW-App-just-landed-on-Hisense-Vidaa-Smart-TV-platform/m-p... 

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Em68289 

Good news!

We now support the following Hisense TVs

• Selected 2022 and later Hisense TV models with the VIDAA 6.0 or later operating system. (If your model is supported, you’ll find the NOW app in the VIDAA Home Launcher.)
  • All Roku TV models

Happy watching!

Zoki
Mentor

@Simon-J How excited was I to find the NowTV app a few weeks back on our Hisense TV. But since then - every time I try to go on it, it's just a blank screen, with nothing loading.......

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Zoki 

Try doing a reboot of the tv and router.

Worst case factory reset?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Sergio

@Zoki I have the same issue...did u find a fix?

r-a-c-h

@Zoki I'm having the same issue, it worked for a week or two then nothing but  a black screen. Did you find a fix?

Signing up has been a waste of money so far.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@r-a-c-h 

Delete and reinstall the app?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help