cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv two router buzzing

Just received and set up a replacement Now TV Two router for our broadband.

Replaced as internet speed kept dropping with no issues on the line.

However this unit has a constant high pitched buzzing sound, which the previous one didn't have.

It's very annoying and distracting to both humans and dog !  It's in the lounge with no option to move.

Is this normal or is it a fault.

Many thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I have installed three NowTV Hub 2 Routers for myself and two family members and none of them buzz or make any weird noises.

Hopefully the buzz is not an electrical fault on the box which may be dangerous.

I would try unplugging the Router and reconnect all the cables again, then once you have rebooted the Router give it say 5 minutes and if it's still buzzing then try one factory reset by pressing the reset button on the back of the Router by holding in the button for about 10 seconds.

If the buzzing still persists then get in touch with the NowTV Broadband Team.

Should you have been with Sky previously and still have a old Sky Router lying around your home, then try that in the short-term.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I have installed three NowTV Hub 2 Routers for myself and two family members and none of them buzz or make any weird noises.

Hopefully the buzz is not an electrical fault on the box which may be dangerous.

I would try unplugging the Router and reconnect all the cables again, then once you have rebooted the Router give it say 5 minutes and if it's still buzzing then try one factory reset by pressing the reset button on the back of the Router by holding in the button for about 10 seconds.

If the buzzing still persists then get in touch with the NowTV Broadband Team.

Should you have been with Sky previously and still have a old Sky Router lying around your home, then try that in the short-term.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi thanks for the reply. I didn't think it was normal. But thought it might be an issue with an automatic router update. 

I've tried all the things you suggested plus trying the wiring from the original router.

Unfortunately still the same buzzing, ok when the power is in then as soon as the internet red light comes on it starts buzzing and continues constantly.

I've contacted Now broadband who are sending another replacement.

In the meantime I've reconnected the old router.

The dogs a lot happier now !