cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv on LG smart tv

I have updated the app on my LG tv and now I get a screen with Benedict Cumberbatch face and listing the benefits of NOW tv. The close button for this screen doesn’t seem to work so I am a little stuck. I have an active now tv sports pass

• LG
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Worked for me too.

closed the app down, then using the outer ring to select the app, selected ok using the centre, this brought up the Melrose page, I then hit the down but repeatedly and bingo we’re out.

might work simply by hitting the down button on the Melrose page, doesn’t seem to recognise the magic remote

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

Hi all,

Thanks for alerting other users to this and sharing your work arounds. We picked  up the issue earlier in the day and are currently investigating, we'll let you know as soon as we have anything to share. Other devices you have registered should be unaffected.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Community Manager

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem, just a frozen Patrick Melrose ad! Missing the entire deadline day. Any update??

Anonymous User
Not applicable

After the update on my LG TV, my username and password will not be accepted. I've reset my password but still won't be picked up on the LG app. Works ok on other devices but I would much prefer to be watching on a big screen!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

As requested on my LG TV screen, I updated built in Now TV app on 06/08/19 and it has not worked since.
Today I spent an unpleasant 3 hours talking to 4 Now TV advisors and they do not know the cause.
The chat process was taking so long that each time I was cut off by a chat time out. The last advisor said I would be transferred to an expert technical advisor but I was cut off again, even though I warned him about it. I was so fed up I asked for a refund of a cinema pass that I just bought and was unable to use. Their help system is not fit for purpose.

Screen is hung up with the photograph of a man in a bath.
In the right hand bottom corner are the words "Sky Atlantic" and "Patrick Melrose" stream every episode.
In the bottom left corner is a CLOSE button which does not work.
The back button on the remote does not work as the system is totally hung up.

Remedies tried:

Switched off power to TV and all connected devices for 30 minutes.
Uninstalled Now TV app, waited for a while and reinstalled from LG content store (Tried 3 times).
Checked "Service Status" on my Now TV account and it displays "Everything looks good" for my TV.
First advisor said to use the up/down arrows on the magic remote and to keep the cursor off the screen (Did not work).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Replying to my own post.

Instead of trying to keep the cursor off the screen I followed the advice of  another contributor and it worked.

Position the cursor just above the box then press the down arrow key a few times followed by the middle button to CLOSE.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the update. 

After 3 frustrating hours and 3 barely competent advisors I have unfrozen the screen by accident.

Your information will be useful in future as I am sure that something like this is going to happen again. 

B. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Rather than send me a rather infantile ‘congratulations on your first community badge’ message. How about fixing the problem NOWTV??!! 24 hrs I’ve not been able to access your paid service in my LG TV. I am now getting a window asking me to log in WHICH I CANT TYPE INTO. Can you please at least offer some information. Paying customers shouldn’t  have to experiment to fix this

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Replying to myself (because you’re not)

Spent half an hour trying different combinations & options & have now bypassed the log jam & logged back in. Thanks for the help....