cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv on LG smart tv

I have updated the app on my LG tv and now I get a screen with Benedict Cumberbatch face and listing the benefits of NOW tv. The close button for this screen doesn’t seem to work so I am a little stuck. I have an active now tv sports pass

• LG
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have exactly the same problem with 'screen freeze' on Patric Melrose

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have exactly the same problem, I have an active season pass for the sport and can watch it on all my other devices but not my TV which is my no1 choose.

I can not delete the app because it is a pre installed app, I can’t find how to refresh the page, I’ve tried closing the app, switching everything off and powering down but nothing works, very frustrating as I want to watch sport not look a some pretty boy.

This is also as a result of an update that had to be done to access Nowtv, some come on Nowtv tell us your “valuable customers “ how can we solve this.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

same problem today how do we fix this ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem as many others!

Signed onto Entertainment Pass on 7 August and the updated software downloaded onto my LG TV. 

Now stuck on 'Melrose' page. Even the 'close' button on that screen doesn't work.

Works fine on Laptop and two mobiles.

Had 5 live chats with NOWTV - repeating the same info every time and still not resolved!

Had email from NOWTV asking three questions. I replied immediately and not heard back since.

Chased NOWTV today (8th August) no reply yet.

Seems problem must be to do with the update?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here.

Went on to the LG TV to watch Now TV. Asked me to Update, which it says was successful and now get the Benedict Cumberbatch screen. 

I even tried switching off and on!

How do you contact Now TV?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

problem with magic controller not able to close page manually navigate to close bottom left of page click on close melrose page closes

Anonymous User
Not applicable

fixed problem was with magic controller use manual arrows to navigate to close then click it page goes  now tv working again

Anonymous User
Not applicable

To be fair the chat line was helpful and explained the "use the arrows rather than the cursor" solution. To get near the Close box I hovered the cursor near the box and then moved to it using the down arrow on the remote.

Had to sign in again, but now seems to be OK again.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks. I tried again and this worked for me.

Instead of trying to keep the cursor off the screen I followed your advice and it worked.

Position the cursor just above the box then press the down arrow key a few times followed by the middle button to CLOSE.