cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Re: Now tv not working on Samsung smart tv

I found a post from Now TV saying to contact Samsung for a manual fix. I did that via the Samsung online chat and they are going to send me a new / updated level of firmware for the TV on a USB stick that isn't currently available for download. Fingers crossed.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the exact same issue. Have to turn my tv off at the plug every time. Hardly what you'd expect from a service such as this. Why the lack of urgency to fix such a long-standing issue?

0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello. The firmware update that Samsung sent us by post to load manually has fixed the issue for us.
0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having same problems - your suggested fix worked though so thankyou.

Sky need to get their act together!

0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Exactly the same for me.  I am very unimpressed with the whole NOW technical offering - login is problamatic and the only way I can see the Ryder Cup is on my smart phone since both TV and Now TV for Mac fail to work.

0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I totally agree with your comments - I have just paid for NOW TV to watch on either my Samsung Smart TV or on my Mac - neither work (I AM technically savvy and have done all that should be required re downloads etc) I am able to watch the Golf on my smart phone - but golf on a 5" screen is not fun!!  Smiley Mad

0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem after a power cut to the TV and router. I removed the app and tried a re-add but that was the same blank screen. All other apps working.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Kat,

Not sure if this has been answered &, if it's the right fix.....

BUT, I can't access NOW tv on my tv - through the app - I just get a white screen. So, to fix this scenario - search for Nowtv online& load it from there - it works a treat 😀

Hope this works for you peeps - let me know how it goes 👍

0 Thanks
mrmeseeks
Advocate

It also works if you search for and launch the app from the Samsung Apps store, instead of the direct from the smarthub. A bit of a pain but it works.

I have also reset the smarthub which also works for a time, but the issue starts to crop again after a short time.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem happened this week I have to keep removing and downloading app again.

0 Thanks