cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv not working on Samsung smart tv

Hi, the now tv app has stopped working on our Samsung smart tv. There’s just circles in the middle going round. Help please.
29 REPLIES 29
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I totally agree with your comments - I have just paid for NOW TV to watch on either my Samsung Smart TV or on my Mac - neither work (I AM technically savvy and have done all that should be required re downloads etc) I am able to watch the Golf on my smart phone - but golf on a 5" screen is not fun!!  Smiley Mad

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem after a power cut to the TV and router. I removed the app and tried a re-add but that was the same blank screen. All other apps working.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I think the problem maybe with samsung however Now tv and samsung should work better together on giving the correct and smooth service as we pay for their products.

I am stuck on a loading page and canot fast forward and then play a film on tv programme simple uaage and difficult outcomes not great samsung and now tv suck
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you are using a Samsung 2017 smart TV then according to this linked help article Samsung are aware of a known issue where they can undertake a manual fix on your TV (whatever that means) by contacting Samsung UK TV support.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/app-not-loading-on-samsung-tv

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you I'll get in touch with them
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Has this problem been resolved as I’m also experiencing the same issue?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, We have a Samsung UE55JS9000 TV 2015 model with the Tizen OS.

We have had the same problem since the big upgrade to the Now TV app on Samsung recently. Sometimes hanging on the circles other times on a white screen.

There is a work around that is to "reinstall" the app on the TV. To get to this option you have to go to the full Apps page, then press and hold the select button on the remote until the reinstall option is shown. We have found this needs doing EVERY time you want to launch the app. Really annoying, tempted to get a Now TV box to get around the problem as it's been going o  for weeks now, but why should I buy a piece of hardware when the app is at fault?

Either fix the problem please or ditch the app all together.

Thanks 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I found a post from Now TV saying to contact Samsung for a manual fix. I did that via the Samsung online chat and they are going to send me a new / updated level of firmware for the TV on a USB stick that isn't currently available for download. Fingers crossed.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the exact same issue. Have to turn my tv off at the plug every time. Hardly what you'd expect from a service such as this. Why the lack of urgency to fix such a long-standing issue?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hello. The firmware update that Samsung sent us by post to load manually has fixed the issue for us.