cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv not working on Samsung smart tv

Hi, the now tv app has stopped working on our Samsung smart tv. There’s just circles in the middle going round. Help please.
29 REPLIES 29
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I like the original poster have a Samsung smart tv, model, UE40MU6400 it has been reset, had the router firewall turned off, I have made sure that the TV has the latest available firmware update and I have made sure that there are no conflicts on my devices page and I have tried every other available help that has been posted on this forum BUT since the 10th May, since the Now tv app was  updated I have been unable (like many, many, others) to either start the app that I have paid for, or watch any content so WHEN  WILL this be fixed as Now tv are surely in breach of a contract regarding the delivery of a service that they (SKY) are not providing to the end user. If I have missed any updates that anyone has as to when this might be fixed I would gladly like to know,

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi. I am also having this problem. 

I have even spoken to Samsung who say they is a problem with the app and that it is being worked on. But how long do we have to wait to be able to watch Now TV on a tv not an iPad?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also have the same issue with the Now Tv app on my Samsung tv. 2017 4k model. I have tried all of the advise given to me my Samsung but this did not work. Netflix and other apps all work fine. Any advise would be welcome.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi my samsung tv wont load the now tv app. I have tried to reset the tv and still no luck. How can i get it working?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi same problem here, I found that I had to reset the Samsung smart hub loosing all my data to get it back. Bit of a pain as you have to log back into everything once again. 

Anyway I hope this helps 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If turn tv off from power plug, it works, very annoying tho.

Have to do each time watch now tv.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello.

We have this problem on a Samsung QLED TV (Q7F). The Now TV app does not open at all. The problem started a couple of days ago - on opening the app all we got was a black screen.

We have tried many things, including suggestions found online - switched off, unplugged, removed and re-added the app, held down the TV on/off button on the remote control, checked we have the latest Samsung firmware (we do), reset the Smart Hub (palava), ... , etc. - and nothing has worked.

Please can someone explain what the issue is and say what we need to do to resolve it? Thank you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

turned  power off at mains switch, waited 10 secs, turned  on -  all OK>  Thanks to community member who pointed me ar this solution

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks. That simple solution just worked for me after spending ages trying to redownload the app.