cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv buffers and blurry picture

Hi, I have a smart TV with the built in now tv app. I also have netflix and prime both or which work fine the majority of the time, now tv however always goes blurry and buffers. A lot more than either of the other 2 apps. I've restarted the router, the TV, the newest version is installed, my WiFi speed is 80mbps. Any ideas? It's so annoying! 

22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I watch everything on my iPad Pro. I’m 2 meters from my router. Like I said, everything I watch on all other streaming sites is perfect, except for NOW TV. 

redchiz1
Champion 2

Like I said, have you checked if this is happening on other devices too? Have you tried removing the app and reinstalling it? 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you are using an iOS mobile device such has an iPad or iPhone, then see if this is causing it by following the NOW Tweet instructions in this screen shot below.

I don't use Apple iOS mobile devices and run Android in my house, so i won't be able to offer any other suggestions if you have already tried a fresh NOW App from your mobile device Apps Store and also tried a reboot on your Router.

Screenshot_2021-10-27-20-16-46.png

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you. 

I just followed those steps and private relay is already off in my settings. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Do you have mobile phone internet data on your smartphone ?

If so has a temporary test can you try a wifi hotspot between your phone and iPad just to to see if there is no conflict between your home Router and the NOW App on your iPad.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I don't own a Samsung Smart TV with the native NOW App, but did you also try unplugging the TV from the electrical mains for about 2 minutes via the TV plug ?

Does it happen on both live and on Demand NOW streams ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there.

Sorry to hijack your post but it might help you with what to expect from NOW (although I am REALLY hoping you get a solution that will help us both).........

I have EXACTLY the same problem.  I have been on chat twice last week and they have emailed me back. I am afraid that you will probably get the same response - that it is basically due to a slow internet connection which is not NOW's problem and you have to speak to your Internet Service Provider.  

Like many and possibly yourself, I have a new  Samsung TV 7 series that comes pre-loaded with the NOW app (so cannot be uninstalled but I have refreshed it). 

I have 38mbps broadband speed of which I am the ONLY user. So when watching TV, the only other device connected to the internet is my mobile phone.

I have run many speed tests, including the one that the Chat person told me to run, and the speed has always been between 21 at the lowest and 37 at the highest.

The router is only around 2m away from the TV.

I reset the router as they asked and at first I thought this had solved it - but it didn't (and I cannot do that every time I want to watch TV).

NOW is the ONLY app on my TV that I have problems with - Netflix, Amazon, iPlayer, Disney+ etc etc are all fine.

So I am paying for a TV app that I cannot use on my TV.......

I have asked them to explain the speeds that they are quoting at me (3.191 Mbps but slowly drops to 2.953 Mbps going down to being 2.107 Mbps and at a certain point becomes null and you have no internet speed as is being at 0 Mbps) because not being an expert, maybe I am missing something regarding the speeds or not understanding them (no reply yet).  

I will contact my ISP (only because they have told me to) so that I have then done everything that they ask.  But if they say my internet speed is fine then I am not sure what can be done next..... well apart from cancel my subscription I suppose. 

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Quick update - just contacted ISP.  My internet speed is absolutely fine. They have no control over the wifi speed but she did say it was congested. She has twiddled with it at her end (switched channels and turned off band steering) but I will have to wait 24 hours to see if it makes a difference. I will let you know. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have now TV on a Firestick, a Roku Stick, a smart TV.. and a Now TV stick..The smart TV and the Firestick and Now TV stick are fine so my internet is fine..MY Now TV on my Roku stick just keeps defaulting to Home Screen..

I have done a full gactory reset on stick, ensured that latest software but only the NOW TV app is causing me grief and will not load..HELP !!!

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

In my personal opinion I’d ditch your Roku stick and invest in another Fire stick. 
Especially when you’ve confirmed that there’s been no issues with the rebranded NOW app on the device. 

Hate to say that the rebranded NOW has been very unreliable on most Roku devices. It’s definitely an issue on NOWs end. Which they are looking into and telling folk to keep an eye out for Roku system updates and app updates.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

thanks for the heads up. I will keep an eye out for any Roku update...as suggested I will get another Firestick as of yet there appears to be no problem with that..@gavs82008