cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv buffers and blurry picture

Hi, I have a smart TV with the built in now tv app. I also have netflix and prime both or which work fine the majority of the time, now tv however always goes blurry and buffers. A lot more than either of the other 2 apps. I've restarted the router, the TV, the newest version is installed, my WiFi speed is 80mbps. Any ideas? It's so annoying! 

22 REPLIES 22
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Can you confirm what type of Smart TV do you have? 

Have you tried to unplug both your TV and router for a few minutes? 

You could also if possible delete the app and reinstall it.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @gavs82008

Yes, numerous times. It's Samsung, and about 18 months old. It came with the app built in and doesn't give me the option to uninstall.

My Internet speed is 80mbps so I can't see how the issue is with my Internet, especially as everything else works just fine, it is only now tv that seems to be the problem. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Ok so it might be extreme but it’s proven to “fix” random bugs that prevent NOW from working correctly, you could set the TV back to factory settings?

Lindzi
Elite 2

App on my Samsung tv is constantly buffering and picture quality keeps dropping too. 

It is definitely 'Now's end. I've signed out and logged back in, you cannot uninstall the app on the Samsung. 

As usual anytime Now (tv) do anything....even just rebranding with a new colour...it causes a load of hassle 🙄

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi 

Have you tried to set the TV back to factory settings?

Lindzi
Elite 2

Hi @gavs82008 

No I haven't, I'm not really wanting to do that to be fair. Every update brings problems, I just don't understand why the tech is so bad with Nowtv 🤷‍♀️

It's also a real shame that no Now staff come onto the forum anymore. Maybe they read it but who knows?  

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi 

If I’m being honest I agree that we shouldn’t have to set devices back to factory settings just to get NOW to work. 

Which is what I had to do several times with my old LG TV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have recently taken a trial with NOW TV. We have BT full fibre 300. Best broadband I’ve ever had. Got Netflix, Prime & Disney. All play without a single issue. NOW TV, constantly buffers. Can be as much every 5-10 mins. It can only be a issue from there end. 

redchiz1
Champion 2

@Anonymous User Is this on multiple devices, or just the one?