Now tv buffering

Is anyone having a problem with now tv buffering tonight on the new youview app

35 REPLIES 35
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Maybe a bug somewhere??

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve also noticed trying to watch something from my watchlist it will just not load 

PaulNormanUK
Scholar 3

Very short clip as I don't want to get a copyright complaint:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GyLxnn6y16l58f2pmI-s6PkwOzr5ao_I/view?usp=sharing

Must be a bug somewhere. Unfortunately I can't test the same model box that you have until 1/3/2020.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can you report bugs??

PaulNormanUK
Scholar 3

Yes I can report bugs. I have access to the Youview Trials dashboard but really I need to replicate the issue and provide screenshots, video clips, software revision etc...

Here is another video example on my T4000 (shows software revision) and loading of NOWTV APP:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GyT3zqjhxB_MyI5_45_w9T8vBvSG0tw3/view?usp=sharing

As you can see, it definitely works for me and I have no speed issues navigating menus or missing thumbnails. I will try Live chat and see if I can get my other box activated and will test using the same model as you! I will then submit a bug report.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cheers thank you 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've seen a post on the BT forum saying the buffering was horrendous when trying to watch an episode of Chernobyl last night, so it's not just me.  

I'll have another go when I get home tonight. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User  what box you using??

PaulNormanUK
Scholar 3

Yes I seen that post too but it was the only complaint out of 113 pages. That is likely because of an issue with their broadband connection or high local bandwidth at the time. I'm not trying to say everyone that experiences buffering has crap broadband but so far only 4 people have complained about a buffering issue since the Youview NOWTV launch.

Again, it might be an issue related to just the BT 2100 box. If that was the case though one would expect a lot more complaints on the Youview and BT TV forums...

Maybe try doing a force reinstall of the firmware and see if that helps?

It could be a NOWTV issue as in the extra load from the added Youview customer base is causing a high load on their servers and they can't cope at times.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hopefully if it is a case of now tv been able to cope they will add extra servers