cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv app recently running slow

I've noticed recently the NowTv app is slow loading and then slow loading programs.

Just wondered if anyone else has this issue?

Im using it on the Roku streambar with the most recent updates.

11 REPLIES 11
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Have you tried the old turn the router off and on again?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Turn the router off? My router isn't the issue.

It's the now tv app I'm having issues with.

It's the only app I'm having issues with

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes the app is running slow and not playing my episodes at all. It is not an internet connection or any other fault, purely theirs, if only they can acknowledge and rectify.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well @Anonymous User  it looks like they were aware of the problem

I was just about to do a fresh reinstall of the app but thought I would see if there was an app update.

There was an update and the app has speeded up.

I think it's still a tiny bit slower but no where near as bad as it used to be so it might be worth you seeing if there's an update

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Ah, we can’t much help you there, then.

Except to remark that I had a Roku Stick+ I couldn’t get connected today, and all the advice included rebooting the router. But what was the point of that, when every other internet device was working perfectly?

Except that when everything else I tried had failed, I bit the bullet, and rebooted the router. Came back to the Stick+ and it was already working perfectly.

The moral is that it doesn’t matter if everything else is working perfectly or not; if your device has got into a tangle with the router, nothing short of a router reboot will get it out of that.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The Now TV app on Roku isn't loading at all. I turned the router on and off as well as the Roku streaming stick. Then removed the app and reinstalled it, it worked once, and I saw a new HOme screen, then it stopped working again and won't load at all, just the loading icon (the circle going around and around). Now TV have clearly updated their app but now it doesn't work at all.

Tried to use the help section (on my laptop) and that wouldn't load either. If this isn't fixed in a couple of days will be cancelling my subscription.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 
For live chat, click “chat online”.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

Another suggestion is to set your device back to factory settings.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the suggestion but I don't have the time or inclination to reset the entire Roku stick just for Now TV, every single other app works fine just not Now TV ever since the update on 15.12.21 (version 6.5 build 8).

I do like Now TV and some of the content, but only at the discount price of £5.99 per month, it's not worth £12, which is double all its competitors like Netflix, Amazon etc and it has ads. 

Maybe I'll try again in a few months when there's something i want to watch but if I come up against the same problem with the app not loading they'll have lost a customer for good.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Use the link I provided in my post to yours to get in touch with staff to report the fault.