cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv app on Sony tv

I manage to watch Now TV fine on my Apple devices but my tv app won’t recognise my pass. Even though I’m logged in it tells me that I need to buy a pass to start watching. Can anybody help with this please? Thank you! 

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am assuming you are referring to the NowTV App on the Apple TV box, because currently the Sony Smart TV's don't offer the native NowTV App inbuilt into their televisions.

Which NowTV type of pass won't play on your box ?

If it's a mobile sports pass, then this pass only plays on a smartphone.

Bit of a long shot if you are using all other NowTV Passes, then have you tried signing out of the NowTV App on your box, then reboot the box at the mains, then sign back into the NowTV App again. 

RoyB
Legend

@schnapps @Anonymous User 

Or does ’on your TV’ refer, as we often find it does, to a YouView box plugged into the TV?

If so, the NowTV app on this only covers Cinema, so if you have any other sort of Pass, it won’t accept it.

And unless you are happy with just Cinema, this won’t be what you want anyway.

The full NowTV app was supposed to be coming to YouView boxes, or some of them at least, but there has been no visible progress with this for months now.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hiya, thank you for your reply, I actually got it wrong... it’s on the BT box where it’s not working. I’m signed in and it won’t let me watch anything. It’s the entertainment pass I have. I have signed out and back in but it’s made no difference. Do you have any other ideas? Thanks! 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

As @RoyB  mentioned you can only watch the Cinema pass on YouView boxes. This however is meant to change at some point. Although to quickly watch Now TV, I'd recommend purchasing a Now TV or Roku Stick.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv

Other set-top boxes and devices

• YouView (Sky Cinema Pass only)
FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

Just bought Now TV's Sky Cinema pass and been looking around for a way to watch in my Sony Android TV which has the youview app.

Any suggestions please?

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Buy a NowTV stick and plug it in to your Sony Android TV.

Or cast the app from a mobile or similar to the virtual Chromecast device on the TV.

These are the only two options I know of at present.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.