cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv app on Samsung smart tv UE55NU8000

I have just got myself a new smart tv and got the Now tv app installed.  The issue I am having is I cannot figure out how to get the channel menu to appear using my TV remote. I am able to go into the app but can't figure out how to bring up the channel menu and switch from sports to a cinema channel list.

Anyone got any ideas?

1 REPLY 1
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

When you say cinema channels i am assuming you mean the live Sky Cinema channels via the now & next EPG ?

I don't own a Samsung Smart TV, but i would have thought it would be similar to the NowTV App on the NowTV & Roku Players.

Where if you open the NowTV App then on the LHS of the screen does it show Movies, Entertainment, Sports & Kids etc ?

If so, what happens if you click OK or Enter on your remote for movies sub section, where a new secondary movie page appears on screen and towards the top of the screen is there a Watch Live option ?

Then once clicking Watch Live does it bring up the Sky Cinema Live now & next channels to watch.

Would have thought on the Samsung TV remote there would be a Back or Return Button that you would need to keep pressing until you get back to the main NowTV UI sub section showing Movies, Entertainment, Sports etc where you can then scroll down on the LHS of your TV screen to the Sports area to watch the Sky Sports Live channels.

Hopefully a Samsung Smart TV owner will advise you if there is a quicker way to navigate around the App and any further short cut keys on the remote when using NowTV.

Or if there is a section in the NowTV App where the Entertainment, Cinema, Sports and Kids live channels are populated into one main screen area (which i don't think is available on the Samsung Smart TV's).

Anyway enjoy your new Samsung TV Smiley Happy