cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv app not working

Hi

I'm finding it massively frustrating I can't seem to call now tv got help and I can't find any relevant help online. 

Both of our nowtv boxes are throwing us out of the nowtv app. We're able to use other apps on the boxes. 

I've tried a factory reset but it didn't help. 

Please help!

Thanks

Gem

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Apparently there is a known bug on some people's older nowtv boxes (where i am assuming nowtv are in the process of fixing it).

Have you tried accessing nowtv via the search option button on the home screen page ?

This has worked for quite a few people.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Apparently there is a known bug on some people's older nowtv boxes (where i am assuming nowtv are in the process of fixing it).

Have you tried accessing nowtv via the search option button on the home screen page ?

This has worked for quite a few people.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you so much, I searched The Lego Movie and it started playing all ok!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Glad it is sorted

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the Now TV Black box 4500SK with the Blue logo it has Freeview HD.

I can hear the last Freeview channel I watched but there is no picture.

Software Version 9.2.3 Build 416-16

All the TV Apps work except the Now TV app which crashes the system.

Only options loading are My Apps, Search, App Store.

Home, Best of Catch Up, and TV Guide don't load I just get the rotating colours as if it's going to load.

I have reset the box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This seems to be working. I bought a new Roku box after NowTv App not working on my old now tv box and the same problem was happening.  I hope this can be resolved quick 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I gave up on my Now TV box as the Freeview wouldn't load and the Now TV app kept crashing.

I also bought a ROKU Express but after installing that I found the NOW TV app also crashed on that.

Roku forum are asking people to complain to NOW TV for a fix but as Roku also makes NOW TV boxes perhaps they should be working together for a fix.

The search option mentioned in an earlier message works a lot better on the Roku Express.

The idea that this subject is listed as Solved go to Solution when the problem still exists shows how likely they are looking to fix the NOW TV app.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Seems it’s just time that fixes this issue

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The given link to the fix is not a fix at all. You can reset 100 times but the now tv app still crashes on the roku. It is fine in other systems. Please code a fix.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
My app fixed over 3-d days. Accessing nowtv through the Roku search engine worked. It’s almost like it needed a couple of days to work out the problem.