cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv app not working on Apple TV 2nd Gen

Hopefully someone can help here.

Now tv app on Apple TV 2nd generation - not signing in!  

Comes up as:- Login failed, unable to login at this time.

Yes it’s definitely the right login details and NOT my Apple login I’m using.  

I can log in on other devices and tv, just not working on Apple TV.  I definitely have a slot available for another device, and I haven’t made more changes than I’m aloud within the calander month (6 devices allowed, 3 changes allowed).

I was waiting on tech team getting back to me, but with the lockdown, seems unlikely and I can’t call them back as they are only dealing with urgent calls right now.

anybody?? Please?? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

So, after scouring the Nowtv website, I can see that only Appletv 3rd generation onward is supported - why tech team didn’t know this and tell me when I first phoned beats me.  So Nowtv app on Appletv 2nd generation is now no use.

In addition, for anyone else’s information, I purchased an apple hdmi adapter for my iphone/ipad to connect via tv and use the nowtv app through those devices - no joy. Again, after some digging, discovered that Nowtv removed this capability a while ago.  So only option now is to buy a brand new compatible device if I want to view on this particular tv.  Such a p**s take.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Sky can only add channels that they own or have come to an argement with such as MTV and Comedy Central which are both owened by ViacomCBS UK.

As for Eurosport, I highly doubt this will get added considering Discovery (who owns Eurosport) are really pushing Discovery+ globally. In my point of view it will only be a matter of time for Eurosport to get bundled into Discovery+. 

These articles would seem to be "confirming" to an extent. 

https://www.sportspromedia.com/news/discovery-plus-eurosports-player-tv-rights-strategy-andrew-georgiou

https://www.digitaltveurope.com/2020/12/04/eurosport-to-rethink-rights-acquisition-with-discovery-launch/

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Look I know just as much as you do to know what's Going on, with nowtv 2nd Generation, and Eurosport But really it's not Helping Customers" that have Very Little knowledge on what's Going on and asking Questions" about nowtv service's" But really" The knowledge" to day from tv Channels have Changed dramatically" all service's of Different Channels have really Geared up for Businesses./!

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

It’s not really up to NOW to strike deals in order to show non Sky channels on the product. Most likely channels like Discovery and MTV etc approached Sky/NOW to get their channels added to the service as it’ll benefit them more than NOW.

If you really want a direct answer from NOW opposed to speculation from another customer like me then send an email to customer support. You may or may not get the answered your looking for.

Address in below picture.

99F1BCBE-5D46-46BD-AAAB-1618A73A289C.jpeg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for your Feed back,

But That's a Different issue on sky adding

other services to  tv Companies,with Channels" and making Deals and agreements, but 

Like I said, we wouldn't Go into that' it would take all day to explain,my point is as I just added  And this time you need to understand

About  tv channels with nowtv,plus Eurosport, 

-Nowtv and Eurosport--place no comment,on it

Just answer the Question, Customers would Love to see Eurosport, on nowtv, Does this make common sense,' not for me for Customers I already know as much as you do,

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

In my personal opinion Eurosport channels won’t be part of the sports membership anytime soon if ever. 

This will be down the similar deal with BT sport.  Regardless of it being good for NOW sports customers I just can’t see it happening. Especially with Discovery rethinking their sports broadcasting and they will probably just add the channels on Discovery+. 

At best NOW and Discovery can come to a deal to allow the Discovery+ app on NOW devices.

Its like Alibi and W channels, I’d love to see them on the entertainment membership, but I also can’t see it happening. This was also confirmed by NOW customer support and UKTV play.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Knowing your perfect professionalism  I have to agree with you on that one,

thanks' for your feedback, for Letting me know about Eurosport,     Padraic.