cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv app not working on Apple TV 2nd Gen

Hopefully someone can help here.

Now tv app on Apple TV 2nd generation - not signing in!  

Comes up as:- Login failed, unable to login at this time.

Yes it’s definitely the right login details and NOT my Apple login I’m using.  

I can log in on other devices and tv, just not working on Apple TV.  I definitely have a slot available for another device, and I haven’t made more changes than I’m aloud within the calander month (6 devices allowed, 3 changes allowed).

I was waiting on tech team getting back to me, but with the lockdown, seems unlikely and I can’t call them back as they are only dealing with urgent calls right now.

anybody?? Please?? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

So, after scouring the Nowtv website, I can see that only Appletv 3rd generation onward is supported - why tech team didn’t know this and tell me when I first phoned beats me.  So Nowtv app on Appletv 2nd generation is now no use.

In addition, for anyone else’s information, I purchased an apple hdmi adapter for my iphone/ipad to connect via tv and use the nowtv app through those devices - no joy. Again, after some digging, discovered that Nowtv removed this capability a while ago.  So only option now is to buy a brand new compatible device if I want to view on this particular tv.  Such a p**s take.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Duncaw67
Scholar 3

Why dont you delete the now tv app, then reinstall it,then try and login,it has worked in the past for other customers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @Duncaw67 , but as it’s a 2nd gen Apple tv, you can’t delete or install apps.  There is no app store function on it.  

Duncaw67
Scholar 3

Sorry  did not know that,as I have the 4th generation apple tv 👍

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No probs pal, I appreciate the help anyway 👍

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So, after scouring the Nowtv website, I can see that only Appletv 3rd generation onward is supported - why tech team didn’t know this and tell me when I first phoned beats me.  So Nowtv app on Appletv 2nd generation is now no use.

In addition, for anyone else’s information, I purchased an apple hdmi adapter for my iphone/ipad to connect via tv and use the nowtv app through those devices - no joy. Again, after some digging, discovered that Nowtv removed this capability a while ago.  So only option now is to buy a brand new compatible device if I want to view on this particular tv.  Such a p**s take.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

2nd Generation on Apple TV.

With Now tv, Not working-? Together. 
 With 2nd Generation of Apple TV  Place give full Information and an understanding for 2nd Generation of Apple TV ,why now.tv  pulled out of 2nd Generation of Apple TV, Not working together. Place Give full information 

details and unstinting  of  why  NowTv pulled out from Apple 2nd Generation of Apple TV on the 27 may 2021, the old 2nd Generation of now tv will still work, as This is a wast of time  with now.tv making the wrong Answer!

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

If your wanting full details your best to contact customer support. Address is in the below picture.

3F6927D1-4834-46B3-94A4-90742CF11585.jpeg

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Given up, don’t have it anymore. Thanks anyway.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

sorry I don't need an answer from Now.tv as I have an apple tv 4nd Generation ever since it came out I  just wondering what your response be in knowledge so things can be understood, How Ever I won't go into details,  but to come down hard on now.tv to ask why isn't Eurosport support as this is a common mistake been made, as Eurosport first launched on European satellite on 5 February 1989 .as for now.tv,   did noting to support it, This is definitely A Common fault in behalf of Now.tv