@Anonymous User wrote:
Hi I got the now smart box I started watching movie it keeps loading through film and it is so blurry u can't see it any help or advice thanx
@Anonymous User Welcome to the forum 🙂
Check for updates
On the NOW TV remote:
- Quickly press Home x5, Fast Forward x3 then Rewind x2 in this order.
- Select Update Software then press OK.
This needs to be done even if the version numbers are the same to make sure the software's updated and any faults in the current software are repaired.
These instructions can also be found on the NOW TV ROI Help Centre.
If this doesn't work, try unplugging the NOW TV box and wireless router for a few minutes the plug them back in starting with the wireless router. You'll need to set your NOW TV box back up and once you've done this, go back to the NOW TV app and try playing out again.
Manually set the bit rate
On your NOW TV remote:
- Quickly press Home x5, Rewind x3 then Fast Forward x2 in this order.
- We recommend you select the 2.0 MBPS or 2.5 MBPS option as they'll give you the best quality compared to the other options.
You could also try moving your NOW TV box closer to your wireless router to see if the poor playout is being caused by something in your house blocking the wireless signal to your box.
Reset the box
On the back of the NOW TV box, press the Reset button for at least 30 seconds (the screen may go blank before the time's up but it's important to continue to hold in the button for the full 30 seconds).
Using your NOW TV remote:
- Go to Settings and select System.
- Select Factory Reset.
- Select Factory reset everything and press the Play / Pause button three times.
Once the reset's complete, you'll need to set your NOW TV box back up.
If this hasn't worked, try connecting it to the router via an Ethernet cable to see if this resolves the issue.
Thanks Niamh Nowtv Team 😉