cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sd3
Advocate

Now app

Hi does anyone know if the now app and disney plus app will be available on freesat box please

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Sd3 

Best to keep an eye on this link for available devices.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now

Otherwise on here it’s pure speculation by us customers. You can email support but don’t be shocked for not getting the answer you want. See below picture for the email address.

IMG_0325.jpeg

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Sd3 

Best to keep an eye on this link for available devices.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now

Otherwise on here it’s pure speculation by us customers. You can email support but don’t be shocked for not getting the answer you want. See below picture for the email address.

IMG_0325.jpeg

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Sd3 

Now don’t make a Freesat box. Which one are you talking about?

And while @gavs82008 has answered with a link to the devices that the Now app will run on, you will need to ask separately for Disney+:-

https://help.disneyplus.com/csp?id=csp_article_content&sys_kb_id=df2c458d87682590c747dca83cbb358b

Disney make this hard to find, but Google was my friend 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Gailly
Advocate

@RoyB Why don't you read the OPs question again. It said is the app available on Freesat boxes!

"Hi does anyone know if the now app and disney plus app will be available on freesat box please"

Sd3
Advocate

The freesat box I have got as apps on it netflix,prime video,YouTube and a few more if they were to put the now app and disney plus app on the box that would be brilliant

RoyB
Legend

@Sd3 

I was thinking more of you giving the make and model of the box, perhaps.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Sd3
Advocate

It's a Freesat Recordable 2TB 4K TV Box don't know model number

RoyB
Legend

@Sd3 

Great! I’ve read the manual for this box, and it doesn’t look like there’s an App Store; it seems to follow the YouView model in that they decide what apps you get, and you get them all.

Accordingly, Freesat will be the best people to ask about the possibility of the Now and Disney+ apps coming to the platform, as they will decide if they want them or not, which in turn will be influenced by the volume of customer requests. So have your say, and add to that!

Or buy a Roku Express or Amazon Firestick, so you can be in charge of what apps you get, not Freesat 😛

Sd3
Advocate

Ok thanks I will just wait and see if they get put on there I think alot more people would buy a freesat box if they put those apps on it with the apps it's already got I am sure

RoyB
Legend

@Sd3 wrote:

Ok thanks I will just wait and see if they get put on there I think a lot more people would buy a freesat box if they put those apps on it with the apps it's already got I am sure

Something that will happen more quickly, if it happens at all, if Freesat know the demand is there. But how will it know, if its customers, and potential customers, don’t tell it?