cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now app only playing on android TV for a few seconds.

I've got an nvidia shield and wanted to cast now sports to android TV, however, I'm running into an issue.

I open the now app and press on the cast icon at the top and press android TV.

The now holding screen comes up on my TV and it says now ready to cast in the top left of the screen, awesome.

But then when I try to stream any live program it starts momentarily on my TV and then stops and goes back to the ready to cast screen.

If I try to run the live program via the app first and then press cast to android TV, it does exactly the same thing.

I've made sure both the nvidia shield and now app are upto date but still nothing.

Can anyone offer any help with this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Chromecast Ultra will work fine and if you have NOW Boost you will get 1080p 50fps for NOW Sports 😁.

Here's an email address on the screen shot below, though NOW support might be reluctant to help because inbuilt Chromecast on Android devices is not officially support by NOW (even though it worked in the past).

youdoodle-2020-05-11T14-12-50Z.jpg

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
redchiz1
Champion 2

If you have a search across the community this has cropped up before. I may be wrong, but it seems that while Chromecast devices are supported, other devices with Chromecast built in may not be.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Out of curiosity does on Demand Sports or other on Demand NOW content play when using the inbuilt Chromecast feature on your device ?

If so, it sounds similar to what Phillips Android Smart TV owners are experiencing (including myself).

NOW don't officially support or recognise the inbuilt Chromecast feature on Android devices (even though both live NOW TV and NOW on Demand was streaming fine in the past for me).

I haven't checked my Philips Android TV if the live NOW is still busted when using the inbuilt Chromecast on it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was just literally posting an update to say that on demand progs work, just not live streaming!

Seems it's an ongoing issue then. Annoying as hell because that's the one reason I wanted to sign up to NOW to stream the footy!

Ah well, I'll message support via email in the hope that they might come back with an update that they're working on it!?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can't seem to find an email for anyone, @schnapps seeing as though you're more experienced than me here, is that deliberate or is it just hidden away somewhere I can't find?

Also, does the now app stream fine direct to a chromecast ultra? As I have one of them I put away when I got the Nvidia Shield. If it does then I'll get in out just for the footy as I'm getting rid of our Sky box altogether.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

See picture below (on forum) for the email address.

0FCEC88B-44EE-43FF-A97B-CC8D3A9A74F7.jpeg

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Chromecast Ultra will work fine and if you have NOW Boost you will get 1080p 50fps for NOW Sports 😁.

Here's an email address on the screen shot below, though NOW support might be reluctant to help because inbuilt Chromecast on Android devices is not officially support by NOW (even though it worked in the past).

youdoodle-2020-05-11T14-12-50Z.jpg