cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now app no longer working on Roku. No video

I have had and been using a Roku stick for several years, and have had a nowtv device in another room. We updated the nowtv device from the white box, and have no issues with the new interface (well, no technical issues. It is now impossible to find our programs in any reasonable timeframe, but that's a separate issue).

However, the app updated a few weeks ago on the Roku device, and since then we have been unable to watch anything on nowtv on it. Every other app still works as before, but when selecting any program in the new nowtv interface, we get sound, but just a black screen.

When we press the home button, we sometimes get a flash of a single frame of the video before we get to the Roku home screen.

I have tried forcing an update to the device, powering it off for a while and restarting, but still no luck. I have just reinstalled the app, but will have to wait for my partner to get home to sign in and test it.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I don't really want to buy a new device, especially as I can't be confident that it will even work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

My understanding is that if you keep checking for updates the app will be “rolled” back to the previous version where it worked. 

As for the Roku stick itself, last year NOW had discontinued the white box. So I would suspect it could be a matter of time that older devices might not be supported.

When NOW launched on Amazon devices it was not added to Amazon Fire TV (box version).

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've got now working on the black bok Roku but since the update there are other bugs showing. When you get to the end of an episode you press ok to play the next episode and as it starts to play a "next episode" appears. If you click ok it will skip the one just started, if you click 'not now' it will not give you the option at the end of the current episode to play the next.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You've got to feel sorry for users in long term contracts.  At least I can quit and see if they sort it out in a few months.  

I think they must of added a way to track how many users are using your pass. 

Otherwise I can't see why they would not allow a rollback.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Not sure where your getting the idea of “long term” contracts.

With NOW if you take TV memberships from them directly there is no such thing as a contract. Only with BT are you tied into contracts for NOW.

If you take a TV membership with NOW at most you can do bulk purchase, but in no way is it a contract.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help