cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SusieP
Mentor

Now app Panasonic tv

How do I get the now app on my Panasonic smart tv? It is not available as an option on the apps market nor is there any option to search for it?

8 REPLIES 8
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@SusieP 

Is the TV running on Android TV software?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
SusieP
Mentor
Smart
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@SusieP 

It might be a "Smart TV" but that doesn't answer the question. If the software running your TV is not Android, then it will NOT be available to download.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
SusieP
Mentor

Thank you! Yes it’s a smart rather than android hence I don’t think possible!

RoyB
Legend

@SusieP 

What is the model number of your TV?

Without it, we are operating blind here 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
RoyB
Legend

@SusieP 

Your best bet is to obtain a Roku Express or Amazon Firestick, plug it in to a spare HDMI port on the TV and watch Now that way. (I’m not a fan of casting).

There’s no 4K on Now, but you might want to get a 4K stick anyway, for a few £ extra, as you can then get other apps in 4K that your TV might not have.

(Even if your Panny TV is only Full HD, a 4K stick will still work in Full HD only, and you are future-proofed with it).

I prefer the clean, neutral, interface of the Rokus to the Firesticks, which tend to push Amazon content, but the Express isn’t a stick. However, it’s a tiny flat device that you can attach to the underside of your TV, with the supplied sticky strip, and it can look very neat.

Here’s one of mine (under the w to the second 0 in Sky News 09:05) and it just looks like part of the TV:-

912607C7-B470-4BFE-8D92-C94BE5E41B2E.jpeg

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
SusieP
Mentor

Thank you! That’s really helpful!

redchiz1
Champion 2

Not all "Smart" TVs are as smart as they make out.  😉