cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now Tv app not working with roku box.

Hi everyone.

I have a roku 3900x box which updated to software version 8.1 build 4101 a few days ago.  Since then the Now tv app  no longer works.  You can browse programmes but soon as you make a programme selection the app exits back to the roku menu screen. 

I have rebooted the roku box and re-installed the now tv app with no luck... Now tv app version is 3.12 build 132.

Thanks for any help.

Paul

46 REPLIES 46
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Working ok on my Roku Express 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Working ok on my Roku Express 

Do you have the updated 8.1.0 Roku software yet? These problems have only arisen since getting the update.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Hi, yes I do have this latest update 

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All,

Just to let you know an update was release last night that should resolve the issue that you have been experiencing with the latest 8.1 version of your Roku Device. 

Can you please let us know how you get on? If you still encounter this issue please force update the box?

Thanks, 

Karl 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Karl-F wrote:

Hi All,

Just to let you know an update was release last night that should resolve the issue that you have been experiencing with the latest 8.1 version of your Roku Device. 

Can you please let us know how you get on? If you still encounter this issue please force update the box?

Thanks, 

Karl 

@Karl-F

Everything has been working again since late yesterday evening. Result Smiley Very Happy

Thanks again for getting on top of this so quickly Smiley Very Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I did a forced update ( from the hidden menu)  and still get the issue. ( posted info on build version on a different thread) 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I shouldnt have posted so soon. I did, indeed, get the same issue. Then I thought 'i will try live TV just to check' and when I went into nowtv from the roku that time, it seemed to take an age. Then it all started working.

So,  in case it helps anyone, even after the update and restart of the roku it failed first time in. But next time in,  it was good. So try again brfore you throw your remote at the TV.

Thank you to those who fixed and to the kind gentleman who pointed me to this thread.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

For me the Sky News app has become very 'jittery'. The picture stutters and the news ticker along the bottom of the screen 'skips' along and isn't smooth. Until this update the Sky News app also worked perfectly on my stick. I haven't had the opportunity to test other apps as yet. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @schnapps

Yes it does seem strange indeed. Someone has made a bit of a blooper Smiley Sad

Theres going to be a lot of unhappy punters.

nowswaish
Scholar 3

My stick has just updated and NOW App is not working, total pain as I have just bought a months sport ready for the Test Mach starting tomorrow.

Can anyone give me any guidance as to how this can be raised with NOW and/or Roku?