cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now Tv app not working with roku box.

Hi everyone.

I have a roku 3900x box which updated to software version 8.1 build 4101 a few days ago.  Since then the Now tv app  no longer works.  You can browse programmes but soon as you make a programme selection the app exits back to the roku menu screen. 

I have rebooted the roku box and re-installed the now tv app with no luck... Now tv app version is 3.12 build 132.

Thanks for any help.

Paul

46 REPLIES 46
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps

Your device will auto update. Is there anyone from the NowTV team who could be tagged in to have a look at this? It's back to the Smart box for me until this is fixed.

I've done a full factory reset as well as the software forced update. I can now categorically stare Roku SW version 8.1.0 has broken the NowTV app Smiley Sad

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Yeah i thought the Roku players will automatically update the newer software version Smiley Mad

Like you I am lucky to have a second device to fall back on i.e. NowTV Smart box, where other people haven't got this luxury Smiley Sad

Even though it looks like a Roku firmware update issue causing the problems, you would expect the NowTV Tech Teams to test their Apps in advance with any newer firmware public release especially the tie up with Roku & Sky / NowTV. 

Will ask @Karl-F the Forum Community Manager to pass the information on this thread to the Nowtv Tech Team to liase with Roku Engineers.

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All, 

Thanks for letting me know. 

I've raised this to our tech team and we are looking into this as we speak. 

If this is on a particular set of Roku boxes/Roku devices please can you confirm that this has occurred after the update to version 8.1 of the device itself.

Thanks,

Karl 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Karl-F wrote:

Hi All, 

Thanks for letting me know. 

I've raised this to our tech team and we are looking into this as we speak. 

If this is on a particular set of Roku boxes/Roku devices please can you confirm that this has occurred after the update to version 8.1 of the device itself.

Thanks,

Karl 

Hi @Karl-F

Thanks for jumping in so quickly on this.

Roku Streaming Stick+

New (this morning for me) Roku sw version 8.1

This issue with the NowTV app only began with the Roku update this morning. Prior to the update everything NowTV related was working 100%

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the reply @Anonymous User.

No problem at all. 

I've seen other users report that this update also effects other apps are you able to confirm that this is the same for you? 

Karl 

nowswaish
Scholar 3

I can confirm that it is an issue with Now and Sky Store, not tried any others. I have the new version (4K) Roku Stick. It was set up for Auto TV detection and frame output to that streamed rather than 60. After the update the screen kept going blank, even on the home screan, until I switched to 720p60.

Hope this helps. Now back using a old NOW device so good for the Test match tomorrow.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem .... Roku Streaming Sick +  

purchased last week, working just fine .... only bought it so the father in law can watch the test match, so going to be fecking ###### if this was a waste of £90+

Anyone at NowTV headquaters able to recreate this problem ? Who's problem is it ? Roku or Now ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm not seeing problems for anything apart from the NowTV app .... Netfix, Amazon Prime, iPlayer all fine even at UHD data rates

sirchinny
Scholar

My Roku 3 is experiencinfg the same. Every time the wife goes out, something stop me from watching sport.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi , 

I have Roku1 and getting the same issue since this morning when I click on the channel nothing get loaded and it goes back to Roku home screen. Anyone aware of any work around ?