cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now Tv app not working with roku box.

Hi everyone.

I have a roku 3900x box which updated to software version 8.1 build 4101 a few days ago.  Since then the Now tv app  no longer works.  You can browse programmes but soon as you make a programme selection the app exits back to the roku menu screen. 

I have rebooted the roku box and re-installed the now tv app with no luck... Now tv app version is 3.12 build 132.

Thanks for any help.

Paul

46 REPLIES 46
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User

Looks like you are on a newer firmware version then me, where both my Roku Express and Roku Stick Plus are on version 8.01 build 4090.

Will be curious what firmware version @caseyb1993 is using on her Roku Express and if she is encountering any problems like you.

Mine is the same but my build says 4090-51 if that is anything to go by? (Under "About" of settings). 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

****UPDATE***** @Karl-F etc

I had my stick unplugged most of the afternoon. Plugged it back in and everything NowTV related is working as good as ever. My tv now shows NowTV as being broadcast in 50Hz but not sure how accurate that may be. The stick certainly appears to auto refresh from 60Hz to 50Hz. If only there was some football on to test it out.

BTW, still having the Sky News issues I posted on earlier in the thread.

chilli2
Elite

Appologies if this is in the wrong forum, as its a Roku issue ( cant find the Roku sub forum)

It would appear that the latest firmware upgrade to 8.1 has broken Now TV, instead of a stream playing, the app crashes and returns to the mian menu

Anonymous User
Not applicable
@chilli2
Think they have changed community forum website how they removed iPhone section.
Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User yes they have reordered the website.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can confirm your issue @chilli2 as I have arrived at the forum looking to see if others are experiencing the same problem.

It doesn't seem to have affected my Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810, but rather the older Roku 2 2720 that is used for a small compact monitor with composite connection in our kitchen.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

I can confirm your issue @chilli2 as I have arrived at the forum looking to see if others are experiencing the same problem.

It doesn't seem to have affected my Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810, but rather the older Roku 2 2720 that is used for a small compact monitor with composite connection in our kitchen.

It has affected my 3810 stick+

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just checked my streaming stick.

It seems it has not yet updated to the latest firmware, hence why it is still able to stream the NOW TV streams.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I am also experiencing the same problem since my Roku 3 upgraded to 8.1.0. All other apps seem to be working fine just NOW TV and ITV Hub won't load any programs

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We have the same issue on the Roku 2 since the latest software update to 8.1.0. All others Apps (Netflix and Prime) are working.