cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now Tv app not working with roku box.

Hi everyone.

I have a roku 3900x box which updated to software version 8.1 build 4101 a few days ago.  Since then the Now tv app  no longer works.  You can browse programmes but soon as you make a programme selection the app exits back to the roku menu screen. 

I have rebooted the roku box and re-installed the now tv app with no luck... Now tv app version is 3.12 build 132.

Thanks for any help.

Paul

46 REPLIES 46
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps and @caseyb1993 have a Roku Express box, one of them should be able to help.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Looks like you are on a newer firmware version then me, where both my Roku Express and Roku Stick Plus are on version 8.01 build 4090.

The nowtv App software version on both my players are the same has your Roku Express version 3.12 build 132.

I have tried a forced software update on both my Roku players and it's currently telling me that I am on the latest firmware version.

My Roku Stick Plus is working fine on the above firmware and nowtv App software version when watching nowtv on my cinema and entertainment passes,

Unfortunately, i can't test the nowtv App on my Roku Express due to that i have reached my maximum device limit and haven't got a spare device swap this month Smiley Mad

When you say that you rebooted the Roku, was that a soft reboot or a full factory reset by pressing a pin into the small reset hole on the back of the Roku player or go into the Advanced System setting menu where there is a factory reset option,

Please note undertaking a factory reset, then you will have to re enter your WiFi and all your account details on your Apps again from scratch which is a pain.

Will be curious what firmware version @caseyb1993 is using on her Roku Express and if she is encountering any problems like you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you very much for your replys.... very much appreciated 🙂 I have only done a soft reset so far. I have been holding off doing a full reset as I suspect it's the new update which has caused the now tv app to fail.  The roku box will only update after the reset and I will be back to square one... 

Thanks

Paul

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

What happens if you force a software update on the Roku player by pressing the home button x 5, followed quickly by the FF x 3, then RW x 2 on the remote controller.

Update the software even if it says that you are currently on the same version.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Schnapps

Did the forced software update using the method you suggested.  It has gone back to build 4090 and Now Tv app now works again! 

So the new software update breaks the Now Tv app.... I wonder if my box will update again tomorrow when it checks for updates? ... I hope not 🙂 

I will keep you posted... Thanks for your help.

Paul

chilli2
Elite

The other option is to try the uninstall/re install method for the now TV app

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's not just the NowTV app which is broken on the new 8.10 build 4101 50 software. The Sky news app is jumping (juddering) all over the place and that's with auto refresh switched on in the Roku streaming stick+ settings. Live streams on the BBC iplayer freeze after 10secs or so.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I did the forced software update which keeps me on 8.1 with no change on the broken apps Smiley Sad

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Just checked my Roku Stick Plus and under System Update in the menu settings it is telling me that there is a new software version  8.1.0 build 4101.

Where it's giving me the option at the moment to either continue or cancel, i think i will hold off at the moment until either the software automatically updates on the stick or the bugs reported are sorted out and confirmed fixed on the forum.

I know the nowtv boxes automatically update by themselves when a new software version is pushed out, does anybody know if with the full blown Roku players that you need to manually update the boxes yourself (ideal option imo) or the box will eventually automatically update without permission from the owner ?