cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV won't load on roku 3

I have a Roku 3 on which other apps all work fine. The Now TV app gets stuck on the spinning 4 circles and won't progress to asking for my user name.

I have switched off the roku, uninstalled and re-installed the app.

Any ideas?

50 REPLIES 50
ukbobboy
Legend

@tothbros @Anonymous User @schnapps

Hi Guys

I too have been having some weird problems with my Roku 3 as well, occasional sudden crashes and a few days ago it suddenly lost it's wi-fi connection to home network, it even tried to reload my network connection but failed.  A simple electrical unplugging for two or so minutes seem to solve that problem but these unusual behaviour patterns you guys are reporting plus my own have me slightly worried.

Guess I'm going to watch and wait until something more definitive pops up.

UK Bob

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@tothbros

I have just done some further testing with my Roku stick which i don't normally use, due to that i haven't got any spare device slots.

This is what i have noticed so far, when i am signed out of my NowTV username on the Roku stick i can not access the NowTV App from the Homepage (which always worked previously before the latest Roku Software update received today).

Like you are noticing (because you are having difficulties logging in) the only way to access the NowTV UI is via My Feed and selecting a show or movie on the NowTV service.

However, i had no problems signing into my Roku Stick, where i used my username which only uses letters and numbers (rather than my email address) and where my password doesn't use any special characters.

Since successfully signing in, i can now access the NowTV App on the Roku Homepage, but when logged out there is still no access from the NowTV App on the homepage (only via the My Feed route).

Have you tried your username instead of your email address and does your password have any special characters or is it just a combination of letters and numbers ?

tothbros
Scholar 2

i made a little video to show exactly what happens:

now tv on roku

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@tothbros

I know this doesn't make any logical sense and shouldn't have any bearing with logging into the NowTV App, but have you tried a different HDMI port on your TV with the Roku ?

ukbobboy
Legend

@tothbros @tothbros

Hi T

Just watched your video on my android tablet, it wouldn't work on my PC, and I must say that I've also got a Roku 3, which was recently updated, and it does not behave like yours. I can still access Now TV via it's app/channel, as well as everything else, and I don't get that "Sorry, something went wrong..." error.

May I suggest you check to see if you have the latest update, which should be Version 7.7.0   build 4117-04 installed on 8th August 2017, if not then you could force an update by doing a factory reset.

UK Bob

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@tothbros

Noticed on your previous post that your ISP is BT.

Are you using a BT Router, if so this is a long shot but check that the smart setup on the Router is switched off and is disabled.

Here's a link how to disable the smart setup on a BT Router (might be worth a shot).

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-ho...

tothbros
Scholar 2

thanks for the suggestions, i tried them but the issue is still unresolved.

i have the latest roku software build...

in the meantime now tv emailed me, but only suggesting the same steps i have already done yesterday, but to no avail...

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@tothbros

Sorry to hear that you are still having problems with your Roku players with the NowTV App.

To be honest i have run out of simple straight forward suggestions, where your setup looks on paper similar to mine with the exception that i don't use any VPN on my network (where your NowTV box with inbuilt Roku hardware is still working fine).

Reading the thread it looks like only BT customers were effected with the latest Roku software update from what i can see, where you mentioned that you have two Roku devices wired on your home network with both Roku players encountering the same problem.

This would point towards (pure guess on my part thou) that there is some kind of conflict between the latest Roku software update and your home network or possibly the BT Router settings.

If i was in your position, i would try and eliminate the BT Router and your Home Network out of the equation (where this might not be practically possible in your case) where i would take my Roku box to either a family member or friends house who is not with BT to see if the Roku box works on their network.

Alternatively you could try factory resetting your BT Router (might be to much hassle and faffing around with no guarantee it would help) or if you have an old Router spare in the house, give that a try temporarily to see if you can get the NowTV working again on your Roku boxes.

Unless some more knowledgeable members on here can come up with some more obvious / simple things to check, then it means you need to spend time and effort by going through a step by step process of elimination until you identify & hopefully fix it.  

Good Luck, hopefully somebody else on the forum will come to your rescue.

tothbros
Scholar 2

UPDATE:

something's changed. now the app opens, from the roku home screen, i have to go through that 3-step advertisement page, then the now tv main screen... but i still cant sign in, same error message in the red banner

ukbobboy
Legend

@tothbros @schnapps

Hi T

Although I can't offer much, I can say that my Roku 3 works as expected with Now TV but where we differ is that I DO NOT have BT as my ISP.

To tell you the truth, I have had BT as my ISP in the past but NEVER (EVER) again, I felt I wasn't treated as a customer but an unwanted relative that was more bother than I was worth.  I thought, I'll be da**** if I will be treated that way while their taking my money, so from then on any promotional material received from BT goes in the recycling bin and any phone call received gets cut short.

I hope you solve your problem.

UK Bob

Hey @schnapps, I've been Spotifying most of today, it has more great music from back in the day than my poor brain can remember.  I want to keep the premium version but right now I'll still have to see (and hear) how it goes.

Catch you later.