cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV - "Unable to load video"

I have a Samsung smart TV and until recently I've had no problems with Now TV. I also have the raft of other streaming services (BBC iPlayer, YouTube, Netflix, ITV Hub, etc.) which continue to stream without any issues. However, I now have a problem when I first switch on the set and attempt to stream any Now TV media. The contents page loads ok and I can navigate around but when I select a programme it results in a message: "Unable to load video" with a "Close" button below. If I go to one of the other services and stream a program I can later return to Now TV and it will work fine.

I haven't yet checked if this problem only occurs at certain times of day or whether the TV has to be switched off for a certain amount of time before the problem recurs.

Any ideas?

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem 

did you sorted out?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem. Any one found a solution? Any updates from Now TV?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This problem seems to have gone away of its own accord. Can't offer any explanation I'm afraid 😞

Graham-S
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Morning! @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

Are you all having/ had this issue on a Samsung TV?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also have this issue on a Samsung TV. Uninstalling or streaming through another app did not work for me. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have this issue on my tv and it is LG. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app but still nothing. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I uninstalled the app then reinstalled it. It then worked again. I had the same issue other wise.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same issues, I can’t sign and I have done all the refresh, router,in plug options and nothing. Any other option/?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was asked to update the app on my LG TV this morning. Since then it continuously asked me to sign in which I have done but when trying to continue a boxset it says “unable to load video”

now its got even worse, when I click the my account icon I get a blue screen with the loading icon but it doesn’t move from this screen.

needless to say the update is an issue, and I’m currently paying for a service that is not being provided so i would appreciate any advice that can be offered

thanks