cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV poor streaming quality

Had Now TV a while now streaming via the app on Apple TV & never had an issue. Just bought a Samsung 4K smart TV and the stream quality is extremely poor. Hardly watchable! Other apps like Netflix, Prime etc are fine. Have rebooted my router & checked internet connection. I have fibre optic 100mbps internet. Even plug Ethernet in with no luck. Any other ideas or should I just cancel Now TV?
35 REPLIES 35
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I ordered my first Sky Sports Day Pass today to watch PL & NFL games on a new Samsung 6-series SMART TV and am having an equally terrible experience.  The streaming quality is super frustrating ranging intermittently from 30% -90% optimal resolution with the deterioration occurring randomly  throughout the day.  Hardly value for money.  I've sent a complaint to NOW.tv and would be interested to see what the response would be to that and to this thread.

Geluk
Expert 2

I'm on a humble 3 meg adsl connection; fortunately the app shows the stream speed when you start watching.

(You'll also see it again if you press the PLAY button, whilst watching.)

You don't see it if using one of the NOWTV black boxes.

But I too see varing quality; my best is usually around 2017, but can drop, whilst watching a show to the low hundreds; usually recovers fortunately.

I wonder if some popular shows could suffer from contention at NOWTV end?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi i have had Now Tv for a while and the stream is awful.

No problems streaming others sites

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have experienced similar problems. I have a new 55" 4K UHD TV and when watching Now TV via the inbuilt app I get a blurry picture every 30 seconds or so (this last for around 10 seconds). My internet speed is fine (over 45Mbs) and all other streaming services work as they shoulkd. Any suggestions anyone?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am a talk talk customer who has now had to use Now TV to watch sky sports. The picture quality is appalling, constant buffeting & sound going every few minutes. Very unhappy

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

This is a setup with acknowledged problems that NowTV and YouView are working hard to get right, and the most badly affected service is Sport.

And we can’t watch NowTV on YouView because that doesn’t support subtitles, the adding of which doesn’t even seem to be on the agenda.

Have you got, or can you get, a Stick you can watch it on instead?  

Or maybe your TV has the App - LG, Samsung and Sony TVs since 2015 all do.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here. I've a strong feeling this is just how crappy the app/player is. Disgusting really considering the money we pay. Complaining or unsubscribing is all we have.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I bought the 9 month Sky Sports pass last weekend via the Martin Lewis letter advertised as F1 but obviously contains all the sports channels. Great value but as I watched the golf over the weekend that value weakened a bit as the picture blurred on a regular basis throughout for about 20 seconds at a time. When it returned it was excellent. That has continued all this week when testing it on all of the sports channels and in the last hour on Sky Sports News.

My 2016 Samsung TV does not have this problem on streamed apps e.g. iPlayer, YouTube etc and my broadband is constantly at 39Mbps so that isn't the problem.

Unless the app has been updated in this last week, I guess I have the latest version. I've checked to see if there is a Settings option on the app but haven't managed to find anything or even somewhere to check the version. Do we have to wait for a Samsung version update or is there anything I can do to fix the problem? Also, if there anywhere to check these things could someone please advise. Thanks in advance

Geluk
Expert 2

What streaming speed shows in top right of screen when programme starts?

You can normally also see it again if you press the play button.