cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV poor streaming quality

Had Now TV a while now streaming via the app on Apple TV & never had an issue. Just bought a Samsung 4K smart TV and the stream quality is extremely poor. Hardly watchable! Other apps like Netflix, Prime etc are fine. Have rebooted my router & checked internet connection. I have fibre optic 100mbps internet. Even plug Ethernet in with no luck. Any other ideas or should I just cancel Now TV?
35 REPLIES 35
RoyB
Legend

Sky provide NowTV.

The NowTV service is entirely satisfactory here across a huge range of devices, except for my iMac where it is blurry.

What devices have you tried it on?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

F1 Race today was very good quality just a poor UI but that is the NowTV Apps fault not the stream quality.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi all, has anyone had any problems since? My streaming quality is 90 but the programmer is extremely blurry. I’ve closed and restarted my PS4 app and nothing is happening! It is 100% not my internet provider 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Unfortunately, this is not the case. Our broadband is provided by Now TV and the quality is just awful. So bad a lot of the time that one cannot see facial features on faces that are fairly close on a 48" screen. Seriously bad. We have signed up for a free 'boost' (usually £3) but it is still no better. Not that I would pay £3 per month on top of what we are already paying just so that our TV is watchable. Very, very disappointed. Will DEFINITELY not be recommending Now TV to anybody I know. It's shocking to see that this issue has been going on for so long without so much as a mention from anybody from Now TV. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I too have poor streaming quality on samsung smart tv I have had the tv for 3 yrs and always had problems have tried everything and no luck I will never buy a samsung tv again the app is clearly no compatible for the tv

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had the poor stream quality issue on the LG and Fire Stick versions of the app - dropping as low as 90 sometimes. (Full HD with a Boost pass is supposed to be around 7800; 720p around 4300. To see the stream quality value, press the 'down' button while the video is playing.) Solved it by changing DNS server settings on the router. Specifically, I switched them to Quad9: https://www.quad9.net No problems since. Quality kicks ups to 7800 a few seconds after starting, and stays there.