cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV poor streaming quality

Had Now TV a while now streaming via the app on Apple TV & never had an issue. Just bought a Samsung 4K smart TV and the stream quality is extremely poor. Hardly watchable! Other apps like Netflix, Prime etc are fine. Have rebooted my router & checked internet connection. I have fibre optic 100mbps internet. Even plug Ethernet in with no luck. Any other ideas or should I just cancel Now TV?
35 REPLIES 35
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Exactly the same issue, stuck in stream quality 90. Tried through 3G , 4G and fibre. Wireless, connected, now tv box. Xbox. Everything and still the same. 

NOW TV can you at least acknowledge you  have a problem?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

whoops double post

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just hard wired my box to internet connection and I have 16mb per second but still experiencing poor quality 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

from personal experience good picture on sky box. poor picture nowtv app and nowtv smart box. now i have a fibre -optic ethernet connection 2 things to many people have poor picture for it to be a coincidence.  one of 2 things faulty roku boxes or and i think its this one. low streaming bitrate being sent. this is why i think that when companys stream sports they up the bitrate for fast moving sports like football etc.so i think personly were getting a bad deal paying for nowtv sevices and being given low bitrate which is out of our hands to improve. so come on sky-nowtv people up the bitrate and give all your customers a pristine picture on our tv monitors etc after all were the paying customer. and make sure your  broadband conection is  fast enough to handle HD streaming video.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same issue with mine one a Samsung 4K UHD TV. I think the Now TV player (the software version) is the issue here. I’m getting a maximum of 280 on the stream quality 😞

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been having this issue for months with my PS4. No matter what i have tried the stream quality is terrible. I am fed up of being told it's my connection speed, it's a problem with your internet provider, its the time of day, the weather, delete the app, reinstall the app. Stop reading off a sheet and give me an actual solution! Every other app works perfectly, Netflix, I player etc. I wish they would just admit there is a problem with the app through PS4 and most TV's. By far the WORST customer service I have ever received. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

All the movies are blurred

Anonymous User
Not applicable

yes I have the same problem with my monitor,   aser 4K  quality so poor I had to cancel my account.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does anyone here who is experiencing poor picture quality actually use Sky as your broadband provider?
I'm beginning to suspect not.

I have BT Infinity 2 - 60Mbps downloads and twice now I've had to go through tedious Live Chats, repeating myself and going over the same procedures because of poor picture quality.
The last chat, yesterday, the advisor told me that my virtually new box was faulty!
Nonsense!
After our conversation ended I managed to watch Blade Runner 2049 in 720p for the majority. It's not my box. It's your servers throttling non Sky customers unless we complain, in my opinion.
I tried NowTV around 4 years ago, watching through Xbox ( again not using Sky broadband ) and this poor picture quality was an issue all the way back then.
Let's face it.. You must be prioritising the bandwidth to your own broadband customers over the likes or Virgin or BT customers. There's no other explanation.
Your live chat team are useless robots going through a checklist to nowhere.
Absolutely terrible experience using NowTV ( twice now ).
I cancelled the roll-on plan immediately the first time.
So glad I used my free Month 'all pass' this time too, instead of shelling out for the privilege of pulling my hair out wondering why your news channel is in 720p yet everything on the NowTV app is unwatchable.
I'd wrongly assumed you'd got your act together after 4 years. Obviously not.

Rant over.
Goodbye Sky..

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's not sky, I'm a customer and every other streaming service works fine, so now TV is just useless. Their app is hopeless and the cost is ridiculous for the service.

It does not matter what device I try only now TV is crap all the time. 

Simply stop using it