cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shezzzzzza
Mentor

Re: Now TV poor streaming quality

I’m having a similar streaming problem...this morning whilst trying to enjoy my Agents of Shield Marathon, the little spinning balls kept appearing....literally every 5 seconds. It’s not my internet, as all the lights on my router are on....I’m wondering why I’m having issues, when it’s 9 in the morning? So fed up of this now. Happens when I watch the movies selection aswell, a reason why I cancelled. If it wasn’t for shows that aren’t yet available on Amazon Prime( free for members) I’d be gone. Trying to post a picture but it won’t work. 

0 Thanks
Skowski
Observer

I am having the same streaming issue  - Just got an Entertainment Now TV Pass and the streaming quality is terrible. How can they endorse something that does not even work properly? At the moment the streaming Quality is 90 in the top corner - I have restarted everything to no avail.

0 Thanks
safesurfer
Advocate

Getting the same issue. Paid for a week's Sky Sports pass but the quality of the stream on the Now TV player is so poor that at times it's totally unwatchable. Completely unacceptable - where's my refund? Also persistently get the headers and footers appearing and then disappearing when in full screen mode, which is also very irritating.
0 Thanks

Exactly the same issue, but only the last few days. I use the Now TV app on the Roku stick - been absolutely fine until the update 2 or 3 days ago, and now every show is unwatchable. So I'm paying seriously high prices (compared to any other streaming service) for something I can't use. Obviously not happy...

0 Thanks
Tyranoc

Exactly the same issue, stuck in stream quality 90. Tried through 3G , 4G and fibre. Wireless, connected, now tv box. Xbox. Everything and still the same. 

NOW TV can you at least acknowledge you  have a problem?

Tyranoc

whoops double post

0 Thanks
Ref1910

I have just hard wired my box to internet connection and I have 16mb per second but still experiencing poor quality 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
sunray1
Scholar

from personal experience good picture on sky box. poor picture nowtv app and nowtv smart box. now i have a fibre -optic ethernet connection 2 things to many people have poor picture for it to be a coincidence.  one of 2 things faulty roku boxes or and i think its this one. low streaming bitrate being sent. this is why i think that when companys stream sports they up the bitrate for fast moving sports like football etc.so i think personly were getting a bad deal paying for nowtv sevices and being given low bitrate which is out of our hands to improve. so come on sky-nowtv people up the bitrate and give all your customers a pristine picture on our tv monitors etc after all were the paying customer. and make sure your  broadband conection is  fast enough to handle HD streaming video.

Daniel25
Advocate

I have the same issue with mine one a Samsung 4K UHD TV. I think the Now TV player (the software version) is the issue here. I’m getting a maximum of 280 on the stream quality 😞

0 Thanks
Amy1710
Advocate

I have been having this issue for months with my PS4. No matter what i have tried the stream quality is terrible. I am fed up of being told it's my connection speed, it's a problem with your internet provider, its the time of day, the weather, delete the app, reinstall the app. Stop reading off a sheet and give me an actual solution! Every other app works perfectly, Netflix, I player etc. I wish they would just admit there is a problem with the app through PS4 and most TV's. By far the WORST customer service I have ever received.