cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV on demand sports on BT box

Hi

Is there a way to watch on-demand sports programmes on the BT  YouView box? 

I can watch shows on the NOW TV app on my Sony TV but not on the box (which is connected to the same Sony TV), which means I'm using two different devices (the TV and the box) on the same TV. This is a waste of a device. 

We have our contract fully through BT.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am assuming you are talking about Sky Sports on Demand ?

What i do on my BT Youview Box NowTV App is either start watching on my smartphone or tablet and then jump over to Continue Watching on the Youview box NowTV App.

Or use the search button on the Youview NowTV App, if you are not sure what to type, use the NowTV App on demand Sports section on your Smartphone, Tablet, PC or Mac.

Sports on Demand for other NowTV devices will be added 2021 according to NowTV.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am assuming you are talking about Sky Sports on Demand ?

What i do on my BT Youview Box NowTV App is either start watching on my smartphone or tablet and then jump over to Continue Watching on the Youview box NowTV App.

Or use the search button on the Youview NowTV App, if you are not sure what to type, use the NowTV App on demand Sports section on your Smartphone, Tablet, PC or Mac.

Sports on Demand for other NowTV devices will be added 2021 according to NowTV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi

Thanks very much for that!

Just out of curiosity, what devices do Now TV currently have support for on demand?

Thanks
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The NowTV App that currently offers NowTV Sports on Demand is smartphones, tablets, PC & Mac.

I watch a lot of Rugby Union and wanted to watch some old Lions documentaries, so i just typed "Lions" in the search box on my BT Youview box NowTV App for the results to watch.

I tend to look at the on Demand sports under my Tablet NowTV App and once i found something i want to watch i type the details into the NowTV App Youview box search feature.

I haven't got enough spare registered device slots for my Tablet or Smartphone on my account to use the Continue Watching method.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Here's a screen shot taken from the NowTV App from my Tablet showing the NowTV on Demand Rugby Union section.

There are a number of different sport categories to pick from by using the tabs towards the top of the On Demand Sports Page.

Screenshot_2021-01-07-17-26-21.png

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps 

Thank you for providing that information, I'll try using the now tv app on the YouView box.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

As a test run, pick a Rugby Union on Demand event from my screen shot by typing the title into the Youview Box NowTV App search section.

Hopefully it will come up when typing during the search then click on it to start playing.

I am assuming you have a NowTV or BT TV NowTV Sports Pass to enable to watch NowTV on Demand Sports ? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi @schnapps

Yes you are correct, I have the Now TV sports pass via BT TV (BT bill me).

Once I am at the box, I will try your suggestion and let you know how I get on.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I don't know what sports you follow, but if you are not into Rugby Union and more of a Football Fan then maybe use one of these Premier League video on Demand events for your trial test run on the Youview box NowTV App search area.

Just be aware NowTV Sports on Demand is capped at 720p.and 25fps 😠 (even if you have a HD Boost Pass).

Screenshot_2021-01-07-19-51-45.png

Anonymous User
Not applicable
That's right I only watch football to be honest so I'll try with that.

That's ridiculous because we pay £5 extra a month for HD on sky sports and bt sport and 50fps is so much better. Shame it is not on the on-demand, but I'll mostly be using for documentaries anyway to be fair.