cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV on Sony Bravia or Amazon Fire (sideload)

I tried side-loading NowTV onto my Amazon Fire-stick.

All the version 10's didnt work install.

But I had success installing Version 7.

BUT:   once installed and launched, it wont let me go further unless it updates to a recent version..   and I cant go any further because this update wont load (most likely because its version 10).

I have a Sony Bravia smart-TV.   

- is there any other way I can get NowTV on my TV ?

I dont want to purchase a specialized NowTV box or stick because I have a 3 month voucher for NowTV and I dont know if I will use it after this.

I appreciate any help I can get 😉

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

i do not have built in chrome-cast

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Saint1976
Elite 3

Is your Sony TV's one of the models with built in Chromecast? If so, put the app on your phone or a tablet and cast.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i do not have built in chrome-cast

Saint1976
Elite 3

Then your options are limited.

Download the app onto a mobile device and watch it there.

Download the app to a laptop and watch there. If your laptop has an HDMI out, you can connect it to the TV.

Given that if you buy a stick you will get more free passes you won't really be losing out. Currys have on offer at the moment of the stick with 1 month of entertainment, films and sport for £30.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Or get yourself a Roku device which runs many different apps, including NowTV (and Amazon video), so much greater flexibility.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Actually, NOWTV is already available for Sony Bravia owners in Italy right back to 2017 models.

It's directly available on the Google play store. However in the United Kingdom its not, why this is the case I don't know. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I tried sideloading the version of the app off the Italy playstore. It did load be then threw an error when starting the app. Changing location to Italy via vpn did not reveal anytbing in Sony Select or the app store (can only change location once a year on the play store account) so will just have to wait for an on board version in the UK