cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV on Roku device not launching

Title says it all, the app will begin to load then immediately return me to my home screen. Not sure which Roku device it is exactly, it's the small one about the size of a USB drive.

If anyone else has experienced this issue and knows a work around, would be much appreciated.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the swift response!

I've tried the unplugging, didn't work but will try the secret screen method and report back.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you have either the purple Streaming Stick or the black Stick+. Not seen reports of that on the forum, but try the usual troubleshooting steps first - removing the stick and power cable for a few seconds then connecting back up. 

If that doesn't help try removing the NOW TV app and reinstalling (go to the App Store, find the NOW TV app listed and click OK then from the menu choose Remove App)

If that doesn't help try a forced software update. Press Home on the remote to take you to the home screen. Then do the following sequence on your remote quickly and smoothly
Home (x5) FF (x3) REW (x2)

If done correctly a Secret Screen will appear (if it doesn't, press Home to go back to the start and then try again). Choose Update software and allow it to run (even if it reports the same version as you already have).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve tried all of these and nothing’s letting me login 😞 does anyone have any other tips I could try?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Quick question are you a NowTV customer based in the Republic of Ireland and bought a Roku device from a UK Retailer ?

Where i believe the NowTV App is not supported on Roku Players currently in the Republic of Ireland.

I doubt this is the reason in your particular case but thought i would flag this up on here.

Sometimes if using a VPN on your Router may cause blocking the sign in on the NowTV service or if you haven't fully created a NowTV account or added your bank card (if you are new to NowTV).

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I’m a UK NOWTV customer with a UK purchased Roku so not too sure why the issue is persisting!
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have you tried a full factory reset on the Roku Player and start from scratch again which is a bit of a pain.

If that doesn't work, i might have to dig out my Roku Stick and sign out of the NowTV App, then re log back into it to see if it's more universal and not an isolated case when signing into the NowTV App on the branded fully loaded Roku devices.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Before going down the route of a full factory reset on your roku Player have you tried rebooting both your Roku device & Router ?

Bit of a long shot but for the sake of say five minutes, worth a go.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yeah, I’ve done both and still no joy 😞
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

When you say you can't login on the NowTV App does it show the two boxes on screen to enter your username & password ?

If so, after you have entered your details does the screen just keeps loading with the coloured circles or some message or error pops up on the screen ?

I am running out of ideas to be honest apart from if it says unrecognised login, then if you have a username (not forum username) try both your nowtv account username & email address with your password or try and reset or change your existing password on your account.

Should it be a screen loading problem after you sign in, then perhaps try switching the power off on your Router for about 30 minutes or maybe factory reset your router where there could be a conflict with the NowTV App and your Router.

Do you own any other devices with the NowTV App on them and can you login successfully with your other devices and watch NowTV content ?

Other than that unless anybody else has got any suggestions to try, see if NowTV live chat can assist you further.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Another question is the Roku player new and this is the first time that you are trying to use the NowTV App on it  ?

Or is it just recently you can't log into the NowTV App on your Roku player ?

If it's the first time that you have used the NowTV App on either a Roku player or NowTV box / stick, there was an issue way back in time that if you was using a nowtv password on your account it would not recognise or accept a password with special characters where using letters or numbers was advised by NowTV (but i believe this password bug was fixed a long time ago).