cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cybero
Mentor

Now TV on Apple 4K The Daily Show interface issue - missing or incorrectly ordered listings

The Now TV application [run on Apple TV4K] has a distinct quirk when displaying listings for The Daily Show episodes. There is clearly some kind of a problem with the underlying interface programming. It will allow selection of the most up to date streaming episode, but then incorrectly titles it as being one that has already been viewed. This might, in part, be down to how AppleTV lists up prior episodes and drops items from their list at their interface with the NowTV app data, but the problem might well be mutual between the two applications. There is, whatever the cause, be it Now or Apple's , that initially results in some kind of defective information flow doubtless creating this kind of a  problem reported here by me.
I shall be posting this up to Apple also.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
cybero
Mentor

The only work around I've found is to remove the show from Up Next, mark all episodes as watched, and restart the Apple4K TV. Thereafter select from search either from the AppleTV or within the NowTV app stored on the Apple4K TV box. I also note that this work around only used to be a temporary fix, but it seems to be sticking for now, which strongly suggests to me that there might have been a fix applied to an underlying problem. I shall see, but as of right now the reported and previously persistent problem would seem to have been removed. Shall be posting up to Apple too.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ContentTeam 

Can you investigate for @cybero ?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
cybero
Mentor

The only work around I've found is to remove the show from Up Next, mark all episodes as watched, and restart the Apple4K TV. Thereafter select from search either from the AppleTV or within the NowTV app stored on the Apple4K TV box. I also note that this work around only used to be a temporary fix, but it seems to be sticking for now, which strongly suggests to me that there might have been a fix applied to an underlying problem. I shall see, but as of right now the reported and previously persistent problem would seem to have been removed. Shall be posting up to Apple too.