cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV not remembering progress

Now TV never seems to accurately remember where you left off. Often it will start an episode from the beginning even if you stopped watching half way through.

This seems to happen regardless of which app I use. Seems the same on iPad, smart TV and Roku.  Is this a common problem and is there a fix? 

16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think you wrote this 2 years ago, and is now June 2022 and still having this problem continuously. Sometimes (often) it looses the content all together and i have to look for it again. Everything is so complicated and it makes you want to stop using this service! Let’s not talk about the horrible adds that are too many as well in your content that you paid good money to watch! Really disappointed!

Gerald17

Yes, every other streaming platform on the planet works well, except for this one, and this has been out for longer than most and like you say we have to pay for it

RoyB
Legend

@Gerald17 wrote:

Yes, every other streaming platform on the planet works well, except for this one, and this has been out for longer than most and like you say we have to pay for it

@Gerald17 

This thread is about Now not remembering progress.

Do you have this issue, here in 2023?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Gerald17 

No it doesn’t Paramount+ is fantastic at re-adding things I’ve already watched and claiming to be 20 minutes left 😡

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
adam84

@Anonymous User im having a few issues with now tv if i pause an episode and leave it for more than 5 mins when my screen saver kicks in it'll unpause and resume playing, amazon prime, netflix, BBC i player, it player, 4od none of the other streaming site do this yet now tv dose, and it'll randomly start the next episode of a series half way through or randomly play a episode further ahead or even a few time prior episodes already watched. and as typical with anything connected to sky. there is no good customer serives contacts as they don't give a ###### once they have your money they don't give a f#'k about how p#'s poor their service is?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@adam84 

To say NO other streaming service does this is incorrect. 

The continue watching on Disney+ is completely broken for me and has been for months. It has shows and films from other profiles on my account for my profile. It also has episodes reappearing that I have already watched!

Despite being told a fix is happening I don’t it being sorted anytime soon.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@adam84 

Is this just a rant, or is there some help you wanted?

’Anonymous User’ means the poster has left the Community, so you won’t get a reply there.

As to the rest of us here, we are just fellow-customers, who would likewise be long gone if we weren’t able to tolerate Now and its services.

Maybe post your rant on X, or Trustpilot, or even to Now/Sky themselves, if you want any traction here?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.