cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV not remembering progress

Now TV never seems to accurately remember where you left off. Often it will start an episode from the beginning even if you stopped watching half way through.

This seems to happen regardless of which app I use. Seems the same on iPad, smart TV and Roku.  Is this a common problem and is there a fix? 

16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same issue, i have only had the stick for a couple of months but the method of remembering progress is not a patch on Netflix. It's actually a pain "in the you know what".  We watch an episode and the next time we visit the continue watching it will randomly start playing between 0 minutes and near the end of the episode. We have even let the stick start the next episode and then stopped it. but when we continue the next night its a coin toss as to which point it restarts, quite often its the previous one that we have watched and completely ended, if that makes sense.

@Anonymous User wrote:

Now TV never seems to accurately remember where you left off. Often it will start an episode from the beginning even if you stopped watching half way through.

This seems to happen regardless of which app I use. Seems the same on iPad, smart TV and Roku.  Is this a common problem and is there a fix? 

herojan
Expert

yup, it does that for me too.

Also, sometimes the pause button stops working to and I have to exit the entire app, go back in and start again from the beginning. 

It's broke good.

• Roku Streaming Stick+ | S/W 8.1.0 | Now TV app v3.12.132 | Wifi (DHCP)
• Internet - Plusnet Fibre @ 36M

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i have same problem funny never happens on Netflix also noticed now number people with same problem and no word from nowtv

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @herojan @Anonymous User 

Has this issue been officially logged with Now TV? As this is a customer forum it is not unusual for Now TV staff not to monitor it. 

My recommendation is going onto Live chat or filling out a form to explain the issue. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m just answering the person saying has it been officially logged.... well it has now by me and no I don’t think they have sorted it, as I’m having the same problem (only just joined) No other supplier has this problem. Unlikely to carry on with now tv as this is super annoying. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just googled this issue because I’m currently having the same problem, only to come across this issue from years ago, so clearly no effort has been made to fix it. 🙄

I’m on a monthly trial with the supposed “HD Boost”, and even with my very decent TV and WiFi connection that has no issues displaying HD via other apps, the quality on NowTV is average at best. Add to that the fact that it NEVER remembers where I’ve left off, just kinda randomly picks a point during the episode, makes me not want to bother paying for the service once the trial is up. The app is rife with bugs, but the lack of HD quality and the inability to remember where you finished watching really is the worst of it.  

Doobydony
Advocate

I can confirm that it's still the case in 2022. Not only that, as they have introduced adverts, it's doubly annoying trying to find where you are at, watching the same adverts over and over.  I decided to cancel my membership because of it and I won't be back. No doubt they would bluff some guff that the adverts keep the subscription price down....yeah oh yeah.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Doobydony 

Promos for NOW/Sky content will remain part of the memberships. 
Third part advertising on demand content can be taken away via boost.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-boost

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

So even if you pay for boost there will still be adds for their content? Ridiculous!