cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV login on Google TV

Now that the app is available for Google TV devices I looked forward to downloading and running it. 

Installation was smooth and the app opens with no issues - logging on to my account? Well that's a different issue! 

I was expecting a QR code or a weblink... Nope. Straight out of the 1990's it's a user name and password. Being security conscious my password is a randomly generated 16 character value - so there's surely a way to check/unhide my password so I can look at what I've entered? No of course there isn't - come the revolution the developers of this will be the first against the wall :). 

Am I missing something or do I have to repeat this until I get lucky? 

4 REPLIES 4
Jaga
Advocate

Yes agreed. Bit of a joke this. I just casted instead and will remain logged out of the google tv app. 

Nitro
Scholar 2

Get a 4k Apple TV device. Miles better.

RoyB
Legend

@Nitro wrote:

Get a 4k Apple TV device. Miles better.

And miles more expensive 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@RoyB 

Indeed typical Apple stupidly expensive, but definitely glad I took the plunge and got myself an Apple TV. Which has allowed me to ditch my Amazon fire sticks, still got 1 in the attic though.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help