cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

Now TV launches on Amazon Fire Stick

Looks like Now TV has finally launched on Amazon Fire Sticks (just downloaded onto my Amazon Fire 4K stick).

Also Amazon Prime video now added to Now TV devices. 

https://advanced-television.com/2020/12/14/sky-amazon-partnership/

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
39 REPLIES 39
AndyB52
Scholar

Hi, Yes Prime Video has arrived on NOW TV devices. I've just downloaded the app onto my Now TV box.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@AndyB52 

All that Now TV needs to do is introduce profiles. 

My watchlist is clogged up of cr@p that the wife watches haha. 

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

That is great news.  Doesn’t work on older Amazon Fire sticks, but I only have one of them.  Will have to see if the Amazon stick has the 30 minute pause, but given I only have two devices changes left, will try at end of month.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So, if we can watch Now TV on Amazon Prime Video, and if we can watch Amazon Prime Video through the Virgin V6 set-top box.....does that mean you can watch Now TV on your Virgin set-top box via the Amazon app?

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User No, you use the NowTV app for Now TV content and the Amazon app for Amazon Prime content. They are not being merged into a single app. If your Virgin box doesn’t have the Now TV app, your situation hasn’t changed.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It does not have the 30 min pause. 

But it does look like Sky Sports is in 50fps if that helps anybody. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi. I can't find the prime app on my now tv box. It's a smart box if that makes any difference? Tried checking for system updates. Is it being rolled out gradually? 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I have been told the Amazon Prime Video App will be available on all branded NowTV boxes and the NowTV Stick.

Sometimes the Apps can take up to 24 to 48 hours to be pushed out on the NowTV branded devices (The Prime Video App landed on my NowTV 4K box this morning).

I am guessing you have checked the NowTV Box Apps Store under Most Popular and Film's & TV sections and done a  System update on your NowTV box ?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-apps-are-available-on-now-tv-box-stick 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @schnapps 

If it helps when I searched for Amazon or Prime video I got no returns. 
However when I when to “entertainment” in the apps section, funnily it was there to download.