cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

Now TV launches on Amazon Fire Stick

Looks like Now TV has finally launched on Amazon Fire Sticks (just downloaded onto my Amazon Fire 4K stick).

Also Amazon Prime video now added to Now TV devices. 

https://advanced-television.com/2020/12/14/sky-amazon-partnership/

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
39 REPLIES 39
littlemiss
Advocate

I have managed to get the NOWTV on my firestick. I wanted to watch the only fools and horses box sets which I can see online but not on the firestick app. Am I doing something wrong please

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @littlemiss 

Have you tried from the front home page screen of the NowTV App to navigate down the screen, then highlight and click on the orange entertainment pass ticket icon tile box, then when the next screen page appears, scroll down the left hand side until you reach" Channels ".

Then move right across the screen until you highlight "Gold", then click on it.

Once the Gold on Demand content appears on screen, navigate downwards until you reach the Only Fools & Horse's content folders.

littlemiss
Advocate
Thanks! I can now see more episodes but still not everything that is shown on the website?
RBZ
Scholar

Anyone using a Fire Cube? I could do with one to drop the box count but not if it doesn't support pause/rewind of live streams. I see one post earlier implying it doesn't.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@RBZ wrote:

Anyone using a Fire Cube? I could do with one to drop the box count but not if it doesn't support pause/rewind of live streams. I see one post earlier implying it doesn't.

Hi @RBZ 

only now TV branded hardware can pause/rewind live streams. No other hardware which is supported by now TV can do this. In terms of rewinding streams You can only do that for a channel/live stream that you have been on (watching) for up to half an hour. 

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
RBZ
Scholar

Thanks @commanda6, I suspected as much but hoped they may have seen the light & actually put some development into this incarnation. I appreciate that not all devices will have memory available to record to, but they should be able support those that do. It's a real pain in the backside to have to run a separate NowTV device just to access this feature.

Again as referenced by someone earlier, the lack of profiles within an account is just so poor, as are the fuzzy, low res graphics in the interface. It seems that the bare minimum of effort is put into the app. 🙁

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@RBZ 

From my assumption is that it won’t be down to device hardware or memory on the device, it’s more down to Now TV only wanting their own hardware to have the “better” features like live pause and rewind on Live channels.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@RBZ 

I believe that the Firecube isn’t supported by NowTV

RBZ
Scholar

@Anonymous User wrote:

@RBZ 

I believe that the Firecube isn’t supported by NowTV

Looks like you may be right with it scheduled for next year. Maybe there's hope yet?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@RBZ 

If it helps this link from Sky states all other Fire devices are early 2021. So to me that includes the Cube, although I don’t know why the latest Amazon device was missed out on launch.

https://www.skygroup.sky/en-gb/article/sky-and-amazon-team-up-to-bring-their-best-entertainment-toge...

Launch Summary

gavs82008_0-1608910521558.jpeg