cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

Now TV launches on Amazon Fire Stick

Looks like Now TV has finally launched on Amazon Fire Sticks (just downloaded onto my Amazon Fire 4K stick).

Also Amazon Prime video now added to Now TV devices. 

https://advanced-television.com/2020/12/14/sky-amazon-partnership/

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
39 REPLIES 39
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @schnapps 

As promised. Settings on Now TV app via my Amazon 4K (2018) fire stick

image.jpg

image.jpg

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps 

FYI

it has sports on demand but only if you know what your searching for

image.jpg

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@gavs82008 wrote:

@schnapps 

FYI

it has sports on demand but only if you know what your searching for

image.jpg

Hi @gavs82008 

That's the same with the NowTV Boxes, NowTV Stick and Youview Box on how to watch NowTV Sports on Demand.

Hopefully it won't be that much longer (fingers crossed) that NowTV Sports on Demand will be added to streaming TV boxes & Sticks.

As a workaround at the moment i either use the search method (where i use my Tablet NowTV App to see what's available on the VOD sports section to type the information into my Box / Stick) or play something on Sports VOD on my Tablet / Smartphone NowTV App and then jump over to the Continue Watching section of my streaming boxes and sticks.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Thanks for the photos @gavs82008 

@Anonymous User if your fire stick supports the native NowTV App from the stick Apps Store, then it should be Boost compatible.

It sounds to me that the Boost Pass needs to be triggered on your NowTV Stick.

Have you tried going into My Account section of the NowTV App again on your Fire Stick, log out and maybe power down the Stick, then reboot the Stick and sign back into the NowTV App by going to the My Account section again (using the same account details that is on your iPad).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps , thank you very much!

Your common sense advice to log out and reboot the Fire Stick did the trick - the Boost Pass and associated sound settings magically appeared when I logged back in.

I'm delighted as I think the NowTV picture quality is even better on the Fire Stick than the NowTV Smartstick which I will now redeploy within the family.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Possible bug: Streaming quality drops from 7831 to 128 after changing channel.

Installed OK on my Fire TV Stick 4K(FSTV4K) but I think there is a bug. Perhaps others could check. I have Sky Sports with TV Boost for 1080 HD.

I tune to Sky Sports F1 and Streaming quality is correct at 7831 (ie 1080HD) and stays there fine  BUT if I change channel it drops to 128 and does NOT get back to 7831. If I go back to the F1 channel it is stuck on 128. There is no way to get any channel again at 7831 except by restarting the FSTV4K. To do that you can press the OK central and the Play buttons at the same time for 5 or so seconds.

My broadband is good. A test on Fast.com in the Puffin browser in the FSTV4K gives 44Mbps down and 5Mbps up and I stream 4K Movies with Amazon Prime no problem.

NowTV help chat guy said my broadband is slow and sent me a copy and paste to support it. It was just reporting what I was seeing on screen. It wasn't the cause of it. If I don't change channel it is fine at 7831.

Any suggestions? PS. to see Streaming Quality at top RHS of screen just press the central OK button.

Perhaps the NowTV app on the FTVS4K has a bug?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I posted my previous post as a new topic. See new Topic: "Fire TV Stick 4K app possible bug. Streaming Quality drops from 7831 to 128 when channel changed."

nst
Elite

@Anonymous User 

I wont reply in the other thread is it gets complicated when multiple threads are created discussing the same topic...

However, I noticed this happening.. but.. are you sure that the stream quality has changed.  Personally I think that the first number you get is correct... and from then on the number is wrong... yet there is no discernible drop in picture quality.

If the stream really WAS 128 then imagine how bad that picture would be.... it isn't.  That number is a nonsense.

Trust your eyes not that number.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi nst. I understand that the non sensical 128 means 720 HD and yes the picrure quality drops.

Mikeaj96
Scholar

The Stream Quality number is inaccurate a lot of the time, at least in my case. Also I’d imagine that 128 is signifying the Audio Bitrate not Video. 

Regardless, 128 frequently comes up for me whether the content is 1080 or 720, confirmed by the Fire Sticks Developer Options when playing a show/stream.