cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

Now TV launches on Amazon Fire Stick

Looks like Now TV has finally launched on Amazon Fire Sticks (just downloaded onto my Amazon Fire 4K stick).

Also Amazon Prime video now added to Now TV devices. 

https://advanced-television.com/2020/12/14/sky-amazon-partnership/

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
39 REPLIES 39
BicBasher
Elite

I installed the NOW TV app on my 4K Firestick and while most content is in Full HD using the boost, Sky News is 720p and some VoD content is also 720p.  Family Guy is for example.

You can also find out the resolution of NOW TV content on the Firestick by enabling developer options.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry but how do you sign in with your now tv account already have 2 passes - but when i scan on the qr code on the nowtv app on the fire stick it appears i have to buy them again is this correct. Or can i just use my current passes in it

Thanks in advance 

Mikeaj96
Scholar

@Anonymous User 

I also made this mistake. Ignore the QR code, and click the the cross/close button, can’t quite remember where it is, definitely in one of the corners.

That will bring you to the NowTV homepage, then simply select something to watch, which will then prompt you to log in.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for your help all up and running 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Downloaded the NowTV App onto my 2018 Firestick HD last night but cannot get it to output 5.1 audio (I do have the "Boost" Pass for 1080P/5.1). Presumably this is because I can't access the app's Settings menu as the Firestick remote has no red button!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have you followed these instructions in this link below ?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-adjust-audio-settings 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve seen that but I cannot seem to get to any settings options in the App. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I don't own a Fire Stick, but when you open the NowTV App, scroll down towards the bottom of the Home Screen NowTV Page and there is a My Account tile box to click on.

When the My Account page opens on your television screen, there should be an option under Boost Pass to select surround sound.

Did you get that far ? 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps @Anonymous User 

The Amazon 4K fire stick is a device I own, haven’t downloaded Now TV onto it yet. Will give it a test tomorrow and let you know.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I got that far but the option simply isn’t there.  In fact my Boost pass isn’t even listed on the My Account page.   What you’re describing is the page I see on the NowTV app on my iPad.  I’m starting to think my particular model of Firestick (2018 HD - not 4K) doesn’t support the Boost features. My Boost pass is valid and has been working fine on my other devices which are all NowTV branded.