cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV keeps going wrong.

The last couple of weeks the app on my Samung TV keeps pausing and have to keep coming out of the app and going back in later which is a pain when your watching live TV.

8 REPLIES 8
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I don't own a Samsung Smart TV myself, but the first thing i would try is temporary unplugging the power to the television for about 2 minutes to see if that makes any difference when using NOW.

Should that not help, then maybe try a fresh NOW App download from your television Apps Store.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

To follow from the sound advice by @schnapps  if you can’t delete and reinstall the app you can clear the cache.

https://www.windowsdispatch.com/clear-app-cache-cookies-samsung-smart-tv/

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks on my Samsung TV there is no way to clear cache on apps and my TV is only a year old. Clicked on reinstall Now TV app and it starts a countdown of 10 then stops so have no idea if it reinstalled it at all.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sometimes a reboot of the Router can also fix glitches on the NOW system.

If you are seeing an error message with a PL-0 error code on the screen then this error is affecting quite a few customers across different playback platforms.

I get this random error now and again when watching NOW and normally jumping back one screen page by pressing the back button on my Roku Players remote and start the live stream again clears it for me.

I haven't seen this above message in a while on my playback devices, but it reared it's ugly head last night when watching NOW 😠.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don't think i have seen that error code. I just get the circle going around on the screen which is annoying when watching live TV as you miss some of the program.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The spinning circle is either slow loading or buffering.

Are you using Ethernet or WiFi with your Samsung Smart TV ?

And can you try both if possible ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry for the late reply it is connected via ethernet.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

What happens if you temporary test over wifi if there is decent wifi coverage in the room where you are watching NOW from ?

Normally Ethernet would be the best option, but a couple of people have reported that wifi was working better for them when watching NOW.

My main NOW playback devices runs over Ethernet with a down speed around 36Mbps and i have no problems with slow loading or buffering.