cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mentor

Re: Now TV app on my LG TV stopped working

Can confirm it's LG, don't think intentionally. Seems to be a Certificates issue but don't have further details.

Have two matching 65UK6300PLB TVs one auto updated and broke and the other was set to manual update, Now TV was broken on the first and worked fine on the second untill manually applying the update.
Highlighted
Mentor

Hi

Have you attempted to reset the TV back to its initial settings? 

I was having the same problem for about two weeks and it was driving me crazy. 

Tried a number of things that just did nothing. Then I reset to initial settings and hey presto - Now TV came back as normal. 

Go to TV settings

General 

Reset to initial settings 

Then log in again (to everything, sorry.) And it should hopefully work.

Good Luck! 👍🤞

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

No not tried that but will do
Cheers
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Jimbolian 

Thanks.

Bit unfair for people to be having a go at NowTV over this, then, when LG have fubared their own TV sets for themselves.

And I wonder if this issue has affected more than just the NowTV app on these TVs? But I see no reports of any such.

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’
(As long as you started the thread, and haven’t already accepted an answer)
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’ (the thumbs-up icon)
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

Can confirm Netflix/Amazon/Disney+/YouTube work just fine following the update.

In fairness the NowTV App has had issues on LG TVs since forever, quick Google will bring up loads of forum posts. Mine only started behaving once I switched to NowTV Broadband (multiple providers and network setups).

Have only seen "Certification issues" following the update, so not sure what the root cause is. At a guess LG TVs are not accepting NowTVs encryption certs anymore.
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar

Strange how sky news plays on the entertainment section but nothing else

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@rossleslie19 

Piling supposition upon speculation, with a generous side helping of unsupported guesswork:-

Sky News is available free from a number of sources, though I don’t know if that means that someone signed in to NowTV, but without an Entertainment Pass, can watch it.

But if that is the case, then NowTV may not be checking eligibility when you try to watch it, unlike it would if you tried to watch Little Birds, say, and maybe the problem with NowTV on LG is in the eligibility check?

If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

How do we ask LG to fix it ? To be fair to them NOWTV do make their app on all devices fiddly buggy and obsessed with rights and updates and number of registered devices,  netflix is more relaxed and user friendly and always works, and  Amazon even more relaxed.  But to LG I would say ffs check if your update affects popular apps before you release it, for better or worse no one really cares if an LG tv updates or not, as long as it works that's all they care about.  I only updated because it prompted me and I had a spare minute, i didn't really give a s***. I didn't expect it to break NOWTV. Now if the update had replaced the mad menu screen with it's stupid "ribbon" and compulsory adverts and "my channels" (wtf are they on about) then i might want the update.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Expert 3

@geoffgeoff 

for better or worse no one really cares if an LG tv updates or not 

You should care if a TV updates or not. You need to look at a TV as an extension of your computer/tablet/mobile given that they are an internet connected device. How do you think it knows how to let you watch streaming services? The TV has stored your login information and people want that information because it leads to other information like bank details.

Updating your TV ensures that it has the latest security updates that closes vulnerabilities.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@geoffgeoff 

I’m glad Netflix always works for you.

But every time ‘Suits‘ tries to play the next episode, we get the dreaded ‘24%’ error, and we have to stop and restart it. Every time.

NowTV does not have a monopoly on streaming bugs.

0 Thanks