cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV app on my LG TV stopped working

Constant message of error in loading when trying to watch something.

I tried everything until I decided to delete the app from my TV and install it again.

Now it doesn't let me install the Now TV app on my TV

Why??

What can I do?

• LG
50 REPLIES 50
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Trawling Twitter, this seems to be a known issue and LG are working on a fix. Due to a certificate issue on the WebOS side.

Not sure about the rumours of NowTV being removed on the 24th by LG. 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User and others

NowTV on LG NetCast (pre-2015) TVs is intended to cease on 24th August.

NowTV on LG WebOS (2015-) TVs is not intended to cease but has done, due to an update either by LG or NowTV (I’m not clear which).

I am sure both parties are co-operating in a scramble to bring it back, and it will not be away very long.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Can confirm it's LG, don't think intentionally. Seems to be a Certificates issue but don't have further details.

Have two matching 65UK6300PLB TVs one auto updated and broke and the other was set to manual update, Now TV was broken on the first and worked fine on the second untill manually applying the update.
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Thanks.

Bit unfair for people to be having a go at NowTV over this, then, when LG have fubared their own TV sets for themselves.

And I wonder if this issue has affected more than just the NowTV app on these TVs? But I see no reports of any such.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Can confirm Netflix/Amazon/Disney+/YouTube work just fine following the update.

In fairness the NowTV App has had issues on LG TVs since forever, quick Google will bring up loads of forum posts. Mine only started behaving once I switched to NowTV Broadband (multiple providers and network setups).

Have only seen "Certification issues" following the update, so not sure what the root cause is. At a guess LG TVs are not accepting NowTVs encryption certs anymore.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Strange how sky news plays on the entertainment section but nothing else

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Piling supposition upon speculation, with a generous side helping of unsupported guesswork:-

Sky News is available free from a number of sources, though I don’t know if that means that someone signed in to NowTV, but without an Entertainment Pass, can watch it.

But if that is the case, then NowTV may not be checking eligibility when you try to watch it, unlike it would if you tried to watch Little Birds, say, and maybe the problem with NowTV on LG is in the eligibility check?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

same with me only sky news will play oh and previews of upcoming shows 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

A couple of days after losing NowTV, Netflix stopped working too.

I deleted the Netflix app and reinstalled and it started working again.

Nothings worked for me for the NowTV app though.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV app stopped streaming on my LG smart TV and it seems my All4 app is also not streaming - is it the same problem?