cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV app on my LG TV stopped working

Constant message of error in loading when trying to watch something.

I tried everything until I decided to delete the app from my TV and install it again.

Now it doesn't let me install the Now TV app on my TV

Why??

What can I do?

• LG
50 REPLIES 50
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes my app stopped working on my LG tv over a week ago .

On my ipad and phone it’s fine 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

A recent LG software update seems to have broken the NowTV App and All 4 App on certain LG Web OS TV's.

LG are apparently on the case according to NowTV.

Here's the latest Tweet from NowTV with regards to this subject.

Should you decide not to wait for the LG /NowTV patch fix and go ahead and factory reset your television suggested in the tweet below.

Then just be aware that you will need to re scan your TV channels, log back into any Apps that need your sign in details and if you have customised your picture and sound settings these will be lost and you will have to start again from scratch.

youdoodle-2020-08-22T13-21-55Z.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i had the same problem on my iPad but resolved that issue  by uninstalling and reinstalling

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How do we ask LG to fix it ? To be fair to them NOWTV do make their app on all devices fiddly buggy and obsessed with rights and updates and number of registered devices,  netflix is more relaxed and user friendly and always works, and  Amazon even more relaxed.  But to LG I would say ffs check if your update affects popular apps before you release it, for better or worse no one really cares if an LG tv updates or not, as long as it works that's all they care about.  I only updated because it prompted me and I had a spare minute, i didn't really give a s***. I didn't expect it to break NOWTV. Now if the update had replaced the mad menu screen with it's stupid "ribbon" and compulsory adverts and "my channels" (wtf are they on about) then i might want the update.

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User 

for better or worse no one really cares if an LG tv updates or not 

You should care if a TV updates or not. You need to look at a TV as an extension of your computer/tablet/mobile given that they are an internet connected device. How do you think it knows how to let you watch streaming services? The TV has stored your login information and people want that information because it leads to other information like bank details.

Updating your TV ensures that it has the latest security updates that closes vulnerabilities.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

I’m glad Netflix always works for you.

But every time ‘Suits‘ tries to play the next episode, we get the dreaded ‘24%’ error, and we have to stop and restart it. Every time.

NowTV does not have a monopoly on streaming bugs.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Had the same thing was on chat with LG tv and resetting TV works it just took a while to log into all the apps again but so I'm so good

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i ended up buying a roku stick 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Im glad i found this post.

The app has stopped working on my LG TV as well. Its definitely not my tv thats at fault. I've tried everything from rebooting evedything, uninstalling and installing, factory resetting and still NOTHING helps. Why pay for a service that doesn't work! Im in an area where signal is bad for normal tv so have NOW TV.

I have wanted to speak to someone the phone number says they can only discuss broadband. I go on to live chat and its a bot and wont let me go any further. What kind of customer service is that? I know we have pandemic going on but come on NOW TV you're happy to take my money every month sort it out or give me my money back.

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User NowTV are aware of the problem

Screenshot_20200812-143120__01.jpg