Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Now TV app on Sony/Android tvs

@AD6 wrote:

If that logic were completely sound, they wouldn't have developed Android apps for Samsung / LG TV's. 

Nor, would they presently have an app in the Google Play store right now. 

The apps on Samsung and LG TVs are not android apps LG and Samsung both use significantly different platforms to android , which are proprietary platforms. LG uses webOS Samsung uses TarzanOS the apps on various different platforms may look very similar to one another. But under the hood they will be different to each other.

As for the android app on the Google play store that is an app which is specifically designed for mobile phones and tablets specifically with touchscreens in mind android TV apps are different. The user interface on android TV apps is designed for large screen devices and is intended for traditional remote controls to be used Instead of the touch interface

Things often aren't as they may first appear. I'm afraid

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
AD6
Advocate

... which remains irrelevant, as they undermine the "hardware first" financial model argument. 

- but thanks for the fairly patronising attempt at a response though. 

The debate is now pretty boring and entirely inconsequential. I think we've determined that NowTV have little to no interest in Android-based apps for TV's. 

0 Thanks
Bbeetta
Advocate

Just in reply to your comment above,

My Sony Bravia (Android base) does work with NowTv using my phone, I assume it's working with Chrome cast?

I can't see the App listed separately anywhere.

0 Thanks
Richars
Advocate

The NOWTV app is now live and available to download from the Google Play store. 

I found it quite by chance, just as our white NOWTV boxes stopped working and I was looking for a replacement solution. 

0 Thanks