cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV app on Sony/Android tvs

I was just in John Lewis looking for a new smart TV and was originally looking for either a Samsung or LG TV as they have the now TV app. However the salesman was telling me I should go for a Sony TV as that is getting the now TV app in September. I can't see any info a out this so I am wondering if he was just telling me this to sell a TV. Has anyone heard this too or can someone from now TV confirm if it is true or not?

33 REPLIES 33
Anonymous User
Not applicable

... which remains irrelevant, as they undermine the "hardware first" financial model argument. 

- but thanks for the fairly patronising attempt at a response though. 

The debate is now pretty boring and entirely inconsequential. I think we've determined that NowTV have little to no interest in Android-based apps for TV's. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just in reply to your comment above,

My Sony Bravia (Android base) does work with NowTv using my phone, I assume it's working with Chrome cast?

I can't see the App listed separately anywhere.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply Gavs - but do you know the actual reason why their Android native app, cannot be used on Sony smart TV's? 

It states quite clearly here: 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/get-now-tv-on-my-device 

that this works on all Android devices, except; "..rooted Android devices or devices running CyanogenMod."

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The NOWTV app is now live and available to download from the Google Play store. 

I found it quite by chance, just as our white NOWTV boxes stopped working and I was looking for a replacement solution.